Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #1
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Havenít seen a thread for our area yet. Antlers are growing. Figured Iíd crank one up for updates and Garyís stories .

Howís everyone doing so far?

Hoping axis make it our way haha
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
Lee230
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Georgetown
Hunt In: Menard County, TX & OK Panhandle
Default

More rain again this morning. Our place west of Hext has had consistent rain all month.
Lee230 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 09:57 AM   #3
WhiplashTX
Eight Point
 
WhiplashTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in a cave with bee's
Hunt In: Menard
Default

Should be a good year for horns.
WhiplashTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 09:58 AM   #4
220swift
Ten Point
 
220swift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Braunfels
Hunt In: South, East, and Central Texas
Default

We are just east of Hext. Bumper crop of chiggers this year....
220swift is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
nursejenn
Pope & Young
 
nursejenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Highly Respected Troublemaker
Hunt In: McCulloch County
Default

Here's a pic to start off from this morning...
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 10:47 AM   #6
Bh_liberty
Ten Point
 
Bh_liberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swift View Post
We are just east of Hext. Bumper crop of chiggers this year....


This statement is not a joke and should not be taken lightly. Ticks and chiggers people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bh_liberty is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 11:05 AM   #7
nursejenn
Pope & Young
 
nursejenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Highly Respected Troublemaker
Hunt In: McCulloch County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swift View Post
We are just east of Hext. Bumper crop of chiggers this year....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh_liberty View Post
This statement is not a joke and should not be taken lightly. Ticks and chiggers people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can attest to the chiggers today! Snake boots + overabundance of chiggers = misery! And yes, I sprayed down several times theoughout the day yesterday...
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 12:16 PM   #8
Bisch
Pope & Young
 
Bisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sonora, Tx
Default





I got these 2 between London and Menard in the last month!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #9
elliscountyhog
Pope & Young
 
elliscountyhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ennis,Tx
Hunt In: WG Outdoors on Facebook
Default

Just west of menard off 190. Pigs killing us.
elliscountyhog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2019, 08:08 AM   #10
SHSU18
Eight Point
 
SHSU18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cypress Tx
Hunt In: Brady, Tx
Default

In between Brady and Menard and the pigs are taking over as well, we headed out to put up cameras next weekend.
SHSU18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2019, 08:22 AM   #11
MenardCountyBow
Eight Point
 
MenardCountyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

West of menard. Cotton seed is going faster than we can fill it up
MenardCountyBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2019, 09:54 AM   #12
tonyterry
Six Point
 
tonyterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Long star state
Default

Was at lease this weekend. I saw lots of buck with horns getting big and few doeís. Nice rain early Sunday morning. Work on pens. It was pretty nice weather for a change. They donít seem to be hitting cotton seed yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tonyterry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2019, 08:48 PM   #13
MenardCountyBow
Eight Point
 
MenardCountyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

Anybody know of a good place to get in the river around menard or ft mckavett? Next time we come down will try to go play in the river
MenardCountyBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2019, 09:20 PM   #14
RS3
Ten Point
 
RS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Georgetown
Default

Bisch with a compound? What’s that about?
RS3 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2019, 10:03 PM   #15
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

10 miles west of Brady it is getting bad dry.. A lot of tall, dead, grass. Bad fire hazard but the Deer are looking good though..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 07:51 AM   #16
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Kinney County
Default Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
Anybody know of a good place to get in the river around menard or ft mckavett? Next time we come down will try to go play in the river


There is a local hangout up the road (on 190) from Kaufmans feed store a few miles.

It's a road called Bois D Arc. it has a river crossing with a great water spot to splash around in.

We've always had a good time swimming there and the locals were always talkative.

This is about the best pic I have showing what the water hole looks like-

Last edited by DaveC; 07-28-2019 at 08:03 AM.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #17
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, ,Menard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
There is a local hangout up the road (on 190) from Kaufmans feed store a few miles.

It's a road called Bois D Arc. it has a river crossing with a great water spot to splash around in.

We've always had a good time swimming there and the locals were always talkative.

This is about the best pic I have showing what the water hole looks like-
Thanks for telling everybody about ďredneck crossing.Ē Enjoy yourself there but stay in the water. Landowners around there donít play if you trespass.
M16 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 09:08 AM   #18
MenardCountyBow
Eight Point
 
MenardCountyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
There is a local hangout up the road (on 190) from Kaufmans feed store a few miles.

It's a road called Bois D Arc. it has a river crossing with a great water spot to splash around in.

We've always had a good time swimming there and the locals were always talkative.

This is about the best pic I have showing what the water hole looks like-
Awesome! Thank you sir. Just looking for a place to cool off next trip
MenardCountyBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 10:10 AM   #19
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Kinney County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Thanks for telling everybody about ďredneck crossing.Ē Enjoy yourself there but stay in the water. Landowners around there donít play if you trespass.


Youíve got a point, in hindsight I should have sent him a pm.

I used to head over there for a splash after paying my corn tax at Kothmanís. I do like their apple corn though.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #20
Gary Roberson
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

Ok trophy8, you asked for it. I have been taking advantage of these cool mornings, jogging my hounds to try to keep them in shape and training on a couple of young gyps. I had a little bad luck a couple of days ago as my best dog, Jill treed a coon, climbed as usual and fell out in a rock pile. I thought that she was okay as I continued to hunt but the next morning, found her dead in the kennel. The youngsters better come along as there are some really big shoes to fill.
About the antler growth; antlers on free ranging bucks without supplemental protein are 30-40% better than last year. This is for two very obvious reasons. One, it has rained and rained since last August, about the time it dries out, we get another good rain so natural browse is WAY about average. The second reason is that most of the better looking bucks are three and four years old, not showing to be really mature such as five years old and above. While we had a dry springs for the last couple of years, overall precipitation has not been that bad and these bucks developed healthy bodies though were short in antlers because of the poor springs. Now we have had the great spring and they are at ages where most of the nutrition that they take in will go to antler growth rather than growing a body.
I have seen two groups of bucks with 7 in each group and several groups of 3-5. I am also seeing more 10 point bucks than normal. I have not seen a buck that I thought was in the 7+ age though I am afraid that these bucks were so adversely affected by the drought of 2011 and 2012 that they will never be great antlered bucks.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 10:35 AM   #21
MenardCountyBow
Eight Point
 
MenardCountyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
You’ve got a point, in hindsight I should have sent him a pm.

I used to head over there for a splash after paying my corn tax at Kothman’s. I do like their apple corn though.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Delete the post lol that’s right by us
MenardCountyBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #22
MenardCountyBow
Eight Point
 
MenardCountyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Youíve got a point, in hindsight I should have sent him a pm.

I used to head over there for a splash after paying my corn tax at Kothmanís. I do like their apple corn though.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We usually get our corn at Kothmans as well
MenardCountyBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #23
DPElite
Ten Point
 
DPElite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: FriendsHood
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
There is a local hangout up the road (on 190) from Kaufmans feed store a few miles.

It's a road called Bois D Arc. it has a river crossing with a great water spot to splash around in.

We've always had a good time swimming there and the locals were always talkative.

This is about the best pic I have showing what the water hole looks like-


That is a super cool looking spot to chill in

Good luck to all yíall out there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DPElite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 06:05 PM   #24
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Youíve got a point, in hindsight I should have sent him a pm.

I used to head over there for a splash after paying my corn tax at Kothmanís. I do like their apple corn though.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaufmans has Apple Corn???? If so I will be making the drive......
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #25
MenardCountyBow
Eight Point
 
MenardCountyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Kaufmans has Apple Corn???? If so I will be making the drive......
They do have it. Smells great
MenardCountyBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 08:19 PM   #26
SHSU18
Eight Point
 
SHSU18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cypress Tx
Hunt In: Brady, Tx
Default

Anyone seeing Axis? We hunt off of 19 west about 12 miles out of town. We get a few stragglers every once in a while.
SHSU18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2019, 09:00 AM   #27
Gary Roberson
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

I think that the axis population west of Menard along the river is and has been increasing for several years. You should begin to see more and more of them however, axis tend to drift around where food is better where whitetails will stay in one place and starve.
Adios,
Gary

By the way, it is Kothmann's rather than Kaufman's.
Gary Roberson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2019, 09:34 AM   #28
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Kinney County
Default Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Kaufmans has Apple Corn???? If so I will be making the drive......
They blend it together there at their store. A call ahead to make sure they have what you want on hand would prevent a wasted trip or give them time to brew up enough batch to fill your needs.

Iíve been using it for years. Iíve heard some complain itís too dusty, but Iím pretty sure the dust is the apple flavoring.
The bags are a clear plastic with ventilation holes. They have about 80% the strength of regular bags, so watch throwing them around or they will bust at the seams.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2019, 04:52 AM   #29
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
They blend it together there at their store. A call ahead to make sure they have what you want on hand would prevent a wasted trip or give them time to brew up enough batch to fill your needs.

Iíve been using it for years. Iíve heard some complain itís too dusty, but Iím pretty sure the dust is the apple flavoring.
The bags are a clear plastic with ventilation holes. They have about 80% the strength of regular bags, so watch throwing them around or they will bust at the seams.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-4 thanks.
I haven't used apple scented corn in years but back when I did the deer preferred it over the regular stuff all day, everyday....
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 07:27 AM   #30
SHSU18
Eight Point
 
SHSU18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cypress Tx
Hunt In: Brady, Tx
Default

Any one been up to check out the Dove numbers? Heard the grass is tall at our place in Brady.
SHSU18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 08:03 AM   #31
lilbradford
Ten Point
 
lilbradford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Katy, Tx
Hunt In: McCulloch County
Default

I’m going to try and go this week or next. All I know is we need rain
lilbradford is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 09:59 AM   #32
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

It’s dry dry dry. Need rain bad. Tall grass. Deer are hungry but healthy.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 10:08 AM   #33
Gary Roberson
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

REALLY hot and dry. We were going to have a MONSTER acorn crop but the dry stretch is causing most of the little acorns to drop prematurely. Deer should be hitting feeders as there is not much out there in the way of browse.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #34
elliscountyhog
Pope & Young
 
elliscountyhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ennis,Tx
Hunt In: WG Outdoors on Facebook
Default

Covert is showing some great deer this year. Few big axis and they are hungry. Shaping up to be a great year for sure.
elliscountyhog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 06:17 PM   #35
Krivoman
Pope & Young
 
Krivoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Hunt In: Ranch Owner, Lampasas County
Default

dry dry dry
Krivoman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #36
MenardCountyBow
Eight Point
 
MenardCountyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

We will be down Labor Day weekend. Should be able to catch a menard Yellowjacket football game Friday night!
MenardCountyBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #37
SV72
Ten Point
 
SV72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bulverde
Hunt In: Menard
Default

I was up on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning and I can vouch for the heat. I did notice a ton of acorns in the trees but they looked smallish to me. We did get a decent rain last week, so that is a start.
SV72 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #38
SV72
Ten Point
 
SV72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bulverde
Hunt In: Menard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roberson View Post
Ok trophy8, you asked for it. I have been taking advantage of these cool mornings, jogging my hounds to try to keep them in shape and training on a couple of young gyps. I had a little bad luck a couple of days ago as my best dog, Jill treed a coon, climbed as usual and fell out in a rock pile. I thought that she was okay as I continued to hunt but the next morning, found her dead in the kennel. The youngsters better come along as there are some really big shoes to fill.
About the antler growth; antlers on free ranging bucks without supplemental protein are 30-40% better than last year. This is for two very obvious reasons. One, it has rained and rained since last August, about the time it dries out, we get another good rain so natural browse is WAY about average. The second reason is that most of the better looking bucks are three and four years old, not showing to be really mature such as five years old and above. While we had a dry springs for the last couple of years, overall precipitation has not been that bad and these bucks developed healthy bodies though were short in antlers because of the poor springs. Now we have had the great spring and they are at ages where most of the nutrition that they take in will go to antler growth rather than growing a body.
I have seen two groups of bucks with 7 in each group and several groups of 3-5. I am also seeing more 10 point bucks than normal. I have not seen a buck that I thought was in the 7+ age though I am afraid that these bucks were so adversely affected by the drought of 2011 and 2012 that they will never be great antlered bucks.
Adios,
Gary
Thanks for the information, Gary. I agree with you on the bucks from the drought years.
SV72 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #39
MenardCountyBow
Eight Point
 
MenardCountyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

Bump. Any updates from out there? Season is right around the corner
MenardCountyBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #40
huntindude
Eight Point
 
huntindude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brazoria county and Menard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
Bump. Any updates from out there? Season is right around the corner


Dry dry dry. Deer are hungry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huntindude is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2019, 09:54 AM   #41
Gary Roberson
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

Had a few scattered showers but overall still very dry. Deer are hitting feed hard as vegetation and browse is dry. Very few doves as of today. Less than I have ever seen here for this time of the year.
Most deer appear to remain in good body condition and good rains would help keep them there. I heard that Anthrax made it almost to Ft. McKavett in a few isolated areas but appears to be slowing down.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #42
Poo Bear
Four Point
 
Poo Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Angleton,TX
Hunt In: Brady,TX
Default

Hunted in just past the llano river on the Brady side since 94. FIL just inquired 222 acres in between mason and llano, art to be exact. Was up there last weekend. A couple showers but was pretty dry. Very few dove. Tuned in to this post.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2019, 11:08 PM   #43
huntindude
Eight Point
 
huntindude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brazoria county and Menard
Default


Need some rain bad. Been getting quite a few deer that look like this sent to me from the spypoint


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huntindude is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #44
treestand
Ten Point
 
treestand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Junction Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntindude View Post

Need some rain bad. Been getting quite a few deer that look like this sent to me from the spypoint


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw much the same at my Kimble county lease. Well above average antlers but low body weight. I suspect they will swarm the corn feeders in early now season but the meat will be very lean.
treestand is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 07:21 AM   #45
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Should be a good year..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #46
huntindude
Eight Point
 
huntindude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brazoria county and Menard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treestand View Post
I saw much the same at my Kimble county lease. Well above average antlers but low body weight. I suspect they will swarm the corn feeders in early now season but the meat will be very lean.


Makes sense, we are not far from the Kimble/ Menard county line


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huntindude is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #47
SHSU18
Eight Point
 
SHSU18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cypress Tx
Hunt In: Brady, Tx
Default

Just got our Cameras out Labor day, hope to head up with in few weeks and have some pics for here.
SHSU18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 11:17 PM   #48
jhubbz
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Was out there last weekend. Saw a lot of deer and even managed a limit of dove. It was dry. Water sources will be key this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #49
DK1555
Four Point
 
DK1555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
Was out there last weekend. Saw a lot of deer and even managed a limit of dove. It was dry. Water sources will be key this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Good deal on the birds! Heading up this weekend to try and shoot a few
DK1555 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2019, 09:21 AM   #50
SHSU18
Eight Point
 
SHSU18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cypress Tx
Hunt In: Brady, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK1555 View Post
Good deal on the birds! Heading up this weekend to try and shoot a few
Very dry, birds were flying a couple weeks ago. A few of us managed limits as well.
SHSU18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com