No announcement yet.

Anyone hunt around San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the ice stand at Luchaizes is always busy on weekends with hunters.

Comment

That area gets highway hunted hard, and lots of leased property gets hunted by “friends/family” of the landowner no matter what the contract says. Lots of small property there that shoot any buck they see because “if I don’t, my neighbor will” which sucks for trying to grow and kill big deer. Honestly I’d hunt day leases like first point before shelling out the expenses of getting on a lease around San Diego. Just my two cents, I was raised in Freer and been in that country all my life.

Comment

A few years ago we hunted there for one season.....'nuff said.

Comment

That’s the right amount of acreage for one spot.

Comment

We had a lease out there one year.....
            Didn’t see a single deer.

Comment

We own 200 acres south east of San Diego on FM 625. We are border by a 600 and 1000 acre ranches. Most of our deer average about 130-140” but we do see some every now and then pushing the 150” mark. The key for our area is age as we have great brush and feed Protien and cotton seed. The high fenced place a couple ranches down kills 160” deer regularly with all native genetics so the deer are definitely there.

Comment

Originally posted by shooter2007 View Post
                We had a lease out there one year.....
                Didn’t see a single deer.
                Same for me, but it was a long time ago. Let me just say, if you are not feeling it when you go see the place, trust your gut.

Comment

[quote=Traildust;14015385]
                  Originally posted by fish4food View Post

I bet he still will give you his opinion!
                  Don’t call him unless you have a couple hours to talk. He loves telling stories.

Comment

It’s tough out there for sure. If I had to lease the property I hunt down there I’d pick a dif area.
                    Mainly hogs. And coyotes. Oh and more coyotes.

I did see a few deer though. I’m not too concerned with how big a rack is and I kinda enjoy that’s it’s harder to hunt there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted the Kaffie ranch one year. Saw some great deer. I had to move to a 200 acre place a few miles away. Maybe saw 10 deer mostly does all season. Everything around it was small 10 - 50 acre places.

Comment

Working...
                      X