Porter to Med Center Commute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter to Med Center Commute

We’re looking at property in the Porter/New Caney area. Anyone here making the commute to the Med Center? How is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I did it from 1960/Atascocita during traffic time it was rough.....50 minutes. I suspect it is worse being north of Kingwood in Porter.

Comment

Just depends on what time you leave. 59 or I should say 69 moves really good until you get to i10 that's were the problem is. But if you get through there by 6- 630 should be fine.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Just depends on what time you leave. 59 or I should say 69 moves really good until you get to i10 that's were the problem is. But if you get through there by 6- 630 should be fine.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Like he said time of day is the big thing! Few minutes can make a huge difference!

Comment

At least an hour would be the usual commute

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive from porter to Missouri city daily, but I have weird hours so traffic doesn’t affect me.

My wife drive to San Felipe @ Voss and if she leave at 6 like she should it takes her an hour unless so jackwagon crashes into another person.

Comment

The hardy would be the safest most consistent route. Seems to be less 1/2 ton trucks with 1 ton loads than 59.

But everything from downtown south is a crap shoot no matter what time it is

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal. I’m at 50 minutes to Pearland right now. An hour doesn’t seem that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                  Good deal. I’m at 50 minutes to Pearland right now. An hour doesn’t seem that bad.

Depending on time you leave it would be a wash. 288 in the morning is a PITA.

Where in Porter are you looking???

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    Depending on time you leave it would be a wash. 288 in the morning is a PITA.

Where in Porter are you looking???

My wife wants to look at Brookwood Forest (KB Homes). I’d rather get some land and do a mobile or modular home and not be in a neighborhood. So, we’re probably looking at Brookwood Forest. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                      My wife wants to look at Brookwood Forest (KB Homes). I’d rather get some land and do a mobile or modular home and not be in a neighborhood. So, we’re probably looking at Brookwood Forest. Lol

Quick access to 59 from there.

Comment

When my wife did that drive from Kingwood, she never took 288. She got of 59 at Fannin and took it out to Methodist, which is pretty much smack dab in the center of the Medical center... Like posted above for the morning commute, if you're at I-10 by 6-6:30, you should have a good commute... Even better would be to get a carpool or at least one other person so you can take the Contra-Flow in. I do that every year for OTC. It takes about 45 minutes to get to NRG from the Kingwood/Humble area using it. Porter/New Caney would add only about 5-10 minutes to that.

Comment

Hey guys question? How would his commute be in the evening on his way back? When are the worst times? I work in Sugarland but thinking about moving closer to Humble/Kingwood area since its closer to my East Texas farm

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                            Hey guys question? How would his commute be in the evening on his way back? When are the worst times? I work in Sugarland but thinking about moving closer to Humble/Kingwood area since its closer to my East Texas farm
                            My evening commute is usually the shorter of the two. I've tried all different times of morning and evening, and what works best for my sanity is to go in and come home toward the end of each rush hour. I'm usually leaving Kingwood close to 8am, and leave the office at 6pm or a little after. Fortunately, I have the flexibility to do this being on salary.

As others have mentioned, going in early can work well. However, this doesn't work out when it's time for me to leave for the day, because work stuff tends to get a little hectic in the afternoons and it's frowned upon to be headed for the door in the middle of it. In my experience, the evening commute can start getting a little jammed up as early as 3:30 to 4pm.

Comment

Working...
                            X