Anybody have a use for wire hangers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a use for wire hangers?

Is there anything to do with all the wire hangers I get from the cleaners? I know I can return them back to them, I’m just curious if there is a crafty project or D-I-Y they are useful for.

They are a huge substitute for baling wire, since most hay is round bales now. I have used them for welding before. Not the best, but work with what you got. Get some duct tape and you are ready for almost anything.

Comment

I sell them on Ebay as "Automotive lock-out kits". I've made enough money to buy a dozen henways and 6 dickfers.

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
        i sell them on ebay as "automotive lock-out kits". I've made enough money to buy a dozen henways and 6 dickfers.
        lol!

Comment

They make good wire fishers for running lights in vehicles, boats etc, but you really only need a few of them so....

Comment

How many do you have? I always have a use for them. Anything from blow dart arrows, breaking into the bathroom while momma is taking a shower, to fixing things. Will pay to ship.

Comment

I will buy those 1lb mineral blocks from tractor supply, drill a 1/4" hole in them and then run a coat hanger through and wire it to a tree or fence or feeder leg to keep them up higher.

But that's all I got for you lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I sell them on Ebay as "Automotive lock-out kits". I've made enough money to buy a dozen henways and 6 dickfers.
                LOL. One time I reached for my henway and accidentally grabbed my dickfer. Take about a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  How many do you have? I always have a use for them. Anything from blow dart arrows, breaking into the bathroom while momma is taking a shower, to fixing things. Will pay to ship.
                  Blow darts !! That’s genius I ran out of darts a few years back, I’m going to try that. I have about 20, I just have a whole box of them back to cleaners... I’ll hold on to them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                    They are a huge substitute for baling wire, since most hay is round bales now. I have used them for welding before. Not the best, but work with what you got. Get some duct tape and you are ready for almost anything.
                    Lol I swear I remember my brother trying to weld with one also. A like the bailing idea. And the guy that said resale on eBay deserves an award.

Comment

I use them for jug lines and put a swivel on on end, thru the jug, and twist on the other end with enough length to make a handle to grab. A little foil duct tape to make them easier to spot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool, I’ll have to show the jug to my father.

Comment

Working...
                        X