Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am the banker but I aint moving to New York !! lol

Comment

...and that dear friends is why America is Great and all those mesicans are tryin' go get here... Many don't want to just exist, they want to thrive! God has told us to be good stewards of all that we have. Both men seem to be doing that, but the banker is like the servant that invested his master's money and when his master returned, he returned the master's money three fold... The fisherman is like the servant that the master gave money to and when he returned the servant gave him just his money back... He didn't invest it, he buried it in the ground because he knew his master was a hard man and would punish him if he lost it... It's nice to be a fisherman as long as you have your priorities right I guess...

Comment

There was a time when I sold a cancer drug that’s used mostly for people that are typically nearing the end of life. I spent a LOT of time in waiting rooms with those people. Listening to their conversations, and chatting with them. Conversations were usually about time with family and friends, God, personal relationship regrets. NEVER once did I hear anyone say they wish they would have spent more time at work or made more money. In fact, I talked to a rich man that told me he’d give away every dime for another month with his wife. Those times changed the trajectory of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol! Literally out loud. So true though. I’m kind of a mixture of both. A lot more HIGH QUALITY home time these days because of chasing the dollar in my younger years.

Comment

My wife just blew my mind. A good argument is, the fisherman may be happy but he will need to work forever.

Comment

I like to chilax with the best of them, I also like to see and do things outside my own bubble. I'll never hunt around the world, travel with the wife, and leave my kids money when I die by taking it easy.

I also work from home and make my own schedule so I don't deal with the time away from family issues some people do.
              Last edited by CEO; 07-01-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Great story. I wish my small coastal village didn't have a mortgage, car payments, utility bills, medical bills, tuition payments, and taxes. But in the end I still know what's important to me. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

I am a banker, BUT I am definitely the fisherman - No amount of money in the world could be worth any extra time away from my wife and boys for these short 18yrs while we are all together under the same roof

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                      My wife just blew my mind. A good argument is, the fisherman may be happy but he will need to work forever.

most people i know that pass happens after they stop working. There was an 80 year old man running the mail here in the office. He delivering packages everywhere. He had a heart attack. When he got out of the hospital he mowed his yard. Then back at work the next day. Everyone telling him he is crazy relax, take some time off. He finally retired in good health. Then died a few months later.

My FIL is like him. He will go the moment he is not longer working. He has plenty of money. But he cant stop working and moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                        I do like this story and have used a little different version in classes.

That being said, what does the fisherman tell his daughter when she wants to go to college? How does he feed the family when the hurricane ruins the fishing for months.

Nothing wrong with working hard and being productive, just keep it in balance, with enjoyment and smelling the roses.
                        same thing you tell your wife and kids when the stock market go bust.

Comment

Are you the Banker or the Fisherman??

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Ive been both.....wont complain one second about either phase of it. I accomplished a great deal which brings a lot of satisfaction in itself and made lifelong friends from my time in the business world. Cashed out and have lived the life of the fisherman for 17 years now. God willing, Im hoping for another 40.

I’m both kinda doing both now. Work about 35 hrs a week make a decent living and if I can maintain will be good to go. Not to mention my wife does ok also and contributes to retirement.

I’ll never hit it big because I won’t take risk but I’m happy maintaining without killing myself kinda like the fisherman.

I never want to look back and say I should have bought this or that because you never now when your time will come.

Last edited by Black Ice; 07-01-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

But how long is forever?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                              same thing you tell your wife and kids when the stock market go bust.

I have no wife, my kids are grown and successful, and all my stock has hooves, I won’t even know if the market busts.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                ...and that dear friends is why America is Great and all those mesicans are tryin' go get here... Many don't want to just exist, they want to thrive! God has told us to be good stewards of all that we have. Both men seem to be doing that, but the banker is like the servant that invested his master's money and when his master returned, he returned the master's money three fold... The fisherman is like the servant that the master gave money to and when he returned the servant gave him just his money back... He didn't invest it, he buried it in the ground because he knew his master was a hard man and would punish him if he lost it... It's nice to be a fisherman as long as you have your priorities right I guess...

Profound

Comment

Working...
                                X