Canon Powershot S3 IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Powershot S3 IS

Has anyone had or used one of these? I need some advice.. When I use the zoom in and out and again, which is normal use when taking outdoor photos, sometimes the camera turns off and says "Lens Error, Restart Camera."
    It is out of warranty and basic charge for repair is 139.00..and could be more. Any home remedies or should i just get another one? I LOVE THE PHOTOS THIS 12X takes in the field..

Sounds like the motor is going out, make sure the outside of the lens is smooth and free of scratches that might catch on the way back in. Trying blowing by mouth into the crack between the body and the lens to get rid of any dust or such. I have heard it's a common problem on the S series and even more so when moisture is in the air. I also heard that if you zoom in and out to fast it will cause this issue.

Comment

thanks.. the first time it did it to me it was humid... so i chaulked it up to that.. i need to read the post on here and hand this camera down and get another good one for outdoor pics.. etc.. i love the zoom

Comment

Working...
      X