Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks and sounds awesome!

Comment

Wow Julio...you do things right and have taken some really nice trips. Congrats on the goat.

Comment

Congrats on an adventure of a life time.

Comment

This guy gave us the slip couple times.
          Place looked moosey, but no moose.
          Sheep&goat ribs for dinner.

Celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the Ride along...…..

Comment

Loving it! Awesome trip.

Comment

So after a bunch of hiking(98k on foot and several k on horseback)and hunting hard. No luck we are down to last day of hunting. Doug had told us all the night before we’d fly out a day early to avoid being snowed in as weather was turning.
                I had brought 2 Stic knives to give as a gift. I gave 1 to Doug before we left his house to hopefully bring us good luck. The second knife I presented to Lonnie my guide at breakfast on the last morning and told him I hoped this will bring us luck today. He was stoked and said “f yeah, let’s get some blood on it”!! Lonnie is a great kid of 23 yrs. Hard worker,great spotter,guide and hunter. He worked his tail for me and I did everything I coul to keep up w/his young legs.
                After breakfast we went out and had a good ride and hunt. Couple bulls were vocal, but none showed themselves.
                Last evening hunt had us go to a swamp area near the river.
                Here we stand and Lonnie calls for Moose,sometimes a cow call for elk. Bull bugles from long ways on other side of river, but doesn’t seem to come closer. Nothing as far a grunt from bull moose. Eventually we take a seat and just glass. Out of the corner my eye I see movement close to me. 2 seconds later I have a pair of eyes staring at me from 6’ away. It’s a Lynx who apparently has thoughts of going down game trail I’m sitting on.

My rifle is next to me on the ground w/barrel end facing away. I grab my rifle slowly and pop scope cover open. Start to turn my rifle. Lynx takes off. Pretty neat encounter.
                About 10 minutes later I spot a giant animal 20 yards out of the tree line. It’s a bull moose!! How this beast made it there without making a sound I’ll never know. I point and tell Lonnie, “bull moose”. He puts up his binos, looks back at me and gives me thumbs up and says “yep, that’s a legal bull”. Instantly I ask for his pack, lay prone as he calls to bull to stop. Moose seems not interested in stopping. Finally for a second he stops broadside, as I’m ready for shot he slightly turns to look our way. I don’t hesitate I aim and squeeze a round rt in to his chest. I believe in hindsight this shot killed him. However I wasn’t gonna let this guy leave this swamp. I put 3 more rounds in him til he was secured to the ground. And I kid you not! I chambered another round and asked Lonnie “another one”? Lonnie shook his head “no”, bull is done.
                LAST Day LAST Hour LAST Hunt

After pics, work began. Lonnie texts Doug for help as we start skinning. Not too long after we hear boat pull up near river. Our 3 elk hunters arrive to lend a hand. They are lil sloshed, but still very capable. 30 after them Doug arrives w/a team of horses and couple more hands. I think it was 9 of us out there. Everyone chipping in some capacity.

Load 2 pack horses and some meat on the boat. We make the long slow ride to camp through grizz country. Super creepy.

Comment

Wow, what an adventure! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your two great trophies.

Comment

Comment

Holy smokes. What an awesome trip, great write up and animals
                      Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great stuff..thanks for sharing and Congratulations!!
                        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

**** julio awesome trip!!! congrats again!!!

Comment

Thank you for sharing, what an awesome hunt! Congrats! I know that had to have been
                            some thin air!

Comment

Great hunt. Congrats on the animals and thanks for taking us along.

Comment

That is a fantastic recap. Congrats on a trip of a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X