No announcement yet.

What you love most about hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early morning nap, post hunt mid-day nap, and campfire stories about the day's hunt with family and friends.

Comment

Eating bad food and drinking dos equis by myself.

Comment

Being in my favorite bow blind in the morning, listening to the woods wake up.
        Being at camp with my Dad and son and listening to their stories of the day.
        At camp after breakfast just sitting listening to God's work, sometimes it is so quiet its perfect. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

Comment

Being outdoors and taking the time realize all of God's creation

Comment

Watching the world wake up. Being a silent, almost invisible observer of nature.

Comment

Time spent with my favorite people!

Comment

I agree with what everybody else has posted! I love being able to enjoy the still and quiet right before the sun comes up and getting to watch nature wake up. I really love when I get to enjoy that with the kiddos!

And being able to kill ****! HaHaHa

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  Being in the most beautiful Church ever created.
                  Then ... hearing that first crunch of leaves..... then your heart go in to overdrive and you start shaking all over............ then........ there he is......... a big ol tree rat.
                  Gets me every time
                  This^! I've always felt that God is revealed in nature. Big time! From the smallest detail, like a blade of grass, to the biggest, like watching the sun just start to lighten the surface of the earth. Then you can look up and still see a few stars fighting the sun for their last few shining moments until the sun retreats in the evening and the stars win again for the night.

Simply amazing to me.

Comment

the calming silence, the sound of the woods, the views, the peacefulness....I love the moment when that deer comes walking in kind of how you planned and you pick that bow up and draw back...I'm addicted to it

Comment

calm quiet of a morning.

the way deer move thru the woods.

the sound of ducks in flight.

a working dog.

Fire pit with friends.

Comment

Like somebody said above, I love being in the greatest church ever built and thanking my savior for allowing me to wake up everyday to enjoy it.

The killing part is way down on my list. The getting away with family and friends sitting around a fire relaxing not having to stress over making a phone call or sending an email. Sitting there watching the animals do their thing and hearing the whistling wings of ducks when its still a little to dark to shoot. Those are what make it enjoyable to me.

Comment

I was just getting old enough to really enjoy running the deer dogs when the out of state retirees got it shut down up here. That was an absolute blast.

My favorite thing now is getting a big group of ducks into a hole. Hundreds of mallards knocking limbs off to get into a hole on a cold morning is a sensory overload. Hard to beat that moment.

Comment

Passing on and using my ninja skills.

Comment

What is the thing you enjoy most about hunting.....the bonding with my 16 year old son. At home and with his age, quality time together is minimal

.....and being at the lease or the camp........the camaraderie

Comment

I love the fact that no two sits are the same and that you see things no one else is seeing... its just you and the world God has blessed us with

Comment

Working...
                                X