Weedeater Issues. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
    Ok? How would a screen in the muffler cause an issue? Plugged and not allowing exhaust to escape I assume.

I just replaced the lines yesterday thinking that might be the issue. I suppose I could have gotten a bad hose or torn one somehow during install.
    correct

Comment

New carb is en route. I'll remove the muffler in the mean time and attempt to clean it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
        Word.

Comment

Cordless seedeater solves these problems. Love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
            switch to goats
            just sayin
            I have two dairy goats. Now I'm triming goat hooves and still have to maintain the weedeater too.

Comment

Alright, the spark arrestor screen looks good but I cleaned it anyway, blew out the muffler, and cleaned the carb as best I could without carb cleaner. It now cranks on full choke runs for 30+ seconds on half choke (big improvement), but dies as soon as I apply any throttle. Hopefully the new carb will be here Monday and we'll see if that fixes it. If that doesn't work I guess it will have to go to the shop.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Cordless seedeater solves these problems. Love mine.
                I don't know about a seedeater, but my cordless weedeater does really good and I no longer have to buy fuel or wonder if I still have some.

Comment

My Stihl chainsaw did the exact same thing to me. Turned out I had a little bitty hole in the fuel line. $3 later, running just like new.

If not that, carb or filter would be my guesses, but I am by no means a mechanic at all.

Or bad gas...

Comment

Mine was doing the same thing. Thought it was the coil since it ran until it got hot, Ended up being the carb.

Comment

I replaced the carb for $19. Ethanol is the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by TimA View Post
                        I replaced the carb for $19. Ethanol is the culprit.
                        this go to ebay buy a carb for around 20 bucks replace fuel lines and filter in the tank mine did the same thing now its running great no issues

Comment

fuel lines are cracked in my opinion. third time experience for me. they last about two years.

Comment

Working...
                          X