What is the average cost,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of a brake job these days. Turn rotors , shoes and pads. Wife's,2002 Toyota Camry! Just now needing some!!

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
    of a brake job these days. Turn rotors , shoes and pads. Wife's,2002 Toyota Camry! Just now needing some!!

Well, what ever parts cost is what it cost me... I don't pay someone to do those things bc I'm more than capable to do them myself. Turning rotors can be done usually at orielly or napa. You live around tomball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did mine on my F350 last weekend (myself).

@$220 for new front rotors

@$120 for new front and rear pads

@$25 for brake fluid

@$10 for cleaner

@$10 beer

Driveway mechanic, @5 hours for a complete flush/bleed, deglaze rear rotors, replace the remainder. So around $400 parts, labor was mine.

Just my opinion, don't turn the rotors. If they aren't grooved- deglaze and reuse. If grooved- replace.

Comment

I also never turn the rotors unless real bad groves, waste of money. I have changed many sets of brakes and worked in industrial maintenance for over 30 yrs. very capable! Now That I can afford to have it done, I will pay! Did all the maintenance work I ever wanted to. Now I'm lazy I guess.

Comment

I'm 52yo, last weekend looking at mine I was feeling lazy!

Comment

Feel your pain, 70 here!

Comment

Feel your pain, 70 here!
              I can't help you with an estimate on cost for the brake job.....but I think I met you a couple years back in B Sandy bringing some .16 gauge shotgun shells. Hope all is well.....Best of luck with the brakes!

Comment

I just had this done to my wife's '09 Lexus. Rotors were replaced not turned(today's rotors are so lame, this was suggested by my good mechanic buddy of 20+ years) and brakes replaced (were a better brake pad than your average pad or so I was told.). $350 plus tax

$135 was labor. $71 rotor/each.

Comment

I have my daughter do it. I hand her tools, she started helping me when she was barely big enough to walk. At 14, she's becoming a pretty good mechanic.

Cost of parts at OReilly, and a ice cream or other frozen treat along with a big hug is the labor cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I did a brake job on a camry once. Was the easiest car to do a brake job on. Was simple and nothing fought me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just dont use a place like Just Brakes. I remember years ago they took apart my buddy's Trans Am, then told him it was a $1700 bill. He said heck no and they refused to put the car back together because "it wouldnt be safe to drive and they cant take the liability of him leaving in an unsafe car".

Comment

Before you turn rotors, see what new ones cost. If you have a bunch of miles on them and they have to shave off a bit to smooth them out, they become easier to wrap if they are hot and you run them through water.... on my old ford I think new rotors were $80 a set. That was a few years back and on a ford. Toyota might be a bit more pricey.

Comment

Do you live in the Houston Area?

Comment

No, NE TX. Thanks for all the reply's!

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              Just dont use a place like Just Brakes. I remember years ago they took apart my buddy's Trans Am, then told him it was a $1700 bill. He said heck no and they refused to put the car back together because "it wouldnt be safe to drive and they cant take the liability of him leaving in an unsafe car".

They tried that same crap with my F150. They didn't get a penny from me. Jones Rd and 1960. Scam artists. Avoid.

Comment

Working...
                              X