Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow nice work!

Comment

Outstanding. In for the pics & final product!

Comment

Well finally got mostly finished up yesterday. Still need handles stick on, and some paint. Also have to drill out some of the screwdriver/ ratchet holes. The pneumatic shock for the lid wasn't string enough so I scratched that idea and went a different route. Had to explain, so I'll get pictures sometime and post them up. Forgot to get any pictures yesterday.
        After going through all this the only to I have for someone is this: just buy one! After materials and labor, I'm in about the same as purchasing a 36" box.
        $265 for steel/cutting/bending,
        $60 for latches and shocks
        Probably another $80 for paint/powder coat,
        And an estimated 10-15 hours of build/design time, even at 10 bucks an hour that's another 100.
        Without welding cost and grinder disks, etc I'm pushing 500 dollars. Which is what a 36" box costs. Mine may be built a little heavier, but there's sure is prettier!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just realized I never posted painted pictures, so next time I'm home I'll get those.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

would love to see the finished product with tools in it. That is a really cool box. I don't have time to weld one up, but I am definitely gonna have to look into buying one.

Comment

Working...
            X