Thoughts and prayers for all of you!

Comment

Still praying.

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Prayers sent for Emmet, your family, and all those involved in this child's life. May these prayers fill you all with God's grace and hope.

God Bless,
            JR

Comment

Keep on fighting little buddy!
              Continued prayers.

Comment

Got the prayers going up here.

Comment

Day 48 update. I probably don't have to tell you how rough a night it was. Krystal and I stayed at his bed for as long as possible before retiring to the Ronald McDonald house for an attempt at rest. We were up and back at his room early for updates. The urine culture that was actually taken a couple days ago when suspicion was rising on Emmett came back positive for two different strains of bacteria. So this is indicative of a urinary tract infection, which premature babies can get. This seems to be pretty serious one though. Now we wait to determine the sensitivity of each strain of bacteria to hone his medication. Further complicating the situation is that they found traces of blood in his stool. Several xrays were ordered, and so far nothing has jumped out as concerning on these. They added another medication to the array of other medications he's on. Emmett's platelet counts dropped more, prompting doctors to order a platelet infusion. This is the first of these he's had, so we have to watch him to make sure he doesn't have a negative reaction to them. Opinions vary between the day shift doctor and night shift. One thinks this could all be related to just a UTI. The other thinks there is more to this, potentially in the form of a virus. We're still in the wait and see mode right now. Emmett was in visual distress today, likely caused from the high frequency ventilator and continued sticks. They had to continually give him a pain reliever and sedative to help keep him calm. Seeing this was far and away the hardest part of the day.

In terms of good news, blood cultures from yesterday are still negative. At 6 pm tomorrow we can potentially rule out blood infection if they are still negative. This will be a huge sigh of relief for us. CBC counts continue to maintain normal white blood cell counts, which is somewhat perplexing. Last night, Emmett's oxygen requirements went as high as 80%. He's never needed that high of a percent, so you can imagine how bad that frightened us. Thankfully, he's stayed at 40% all day.

We asked for prayers, and you folks obliged in masses. We give our most sincere thanks to you all. As we await the results of these tests, we would appreciate continued prayers for Emmett. For test results, strength, and resilience. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Prayers up to help Emmett fight off infection and overcome any and all obstacles.

Comment

Still here and praying for Emmett and everyone involved. Amen

Comment

Praying for Emmett. Stay strong little man. We are fighting with you.

Comment

You got this little guy!!! Keep fighting!! You have a warrior spirit!!

Comment

Prayers continue

Comment

[emoji1431]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Praying every day!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X