Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I doing wrong that you can see??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I doing wrong that you can see??

Here are 3 videos of me shooting. In the second video second shot is what happens alot. I get stuck right b4 my anchor and don't shoot good. It's not that I can't pull it it's mental. But just tell me what you guys think.

no vid

Comment

Not sure why it's not working
      Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 08-31-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I'm a novice at best but it almost looks like you're drawing the string "around" your face and then trying to find your anchor instead of drawing straight back to your anchor position.

Comment

I only watched the first video, but it appears your right elbow is not in line with your shoulders and bow arm....plucking the string.

If you have a chance, watch the first couple DVDs of Masters of the Bare Bow. It's easy to self diagnose at that point.

Comment

Not sher but in vid looks like arras kickin tail hi Maybe angle. Yer not nocked Low are ya. Sanbur

Comment

Watched the 1st vid Does look low D ont hurta thing to be lil hi Let the feathers straitin it out. TJ

Comment

my personal opinion about traditional archery is that ppl find there own way of doing it, the way that works best for them. But the main points i talk about with beggining or just ppl shooting trad. archery is number 1 good back tension, good back tension leads to less pressure on your bow arm and your hand you are releasing with which in turn gives you a great release. speaking of release thats prolly number 2 for me that i mention but like i said all comes with good back tension. with those 2 things in mind it is finding a good anchor that you are comfortable with not your buddy not the best shooters what really feels good to you, saying this tho i would prolly recommend for you trying a double anchor point it will just give you more confidence in yourself and your shooting which confidence is very important in traditional archery. And in your case you look like you are not real confident in your anchor and are starting to pluck the string at times. I could talk about this all day but keeping trad. archery simple is the most important to me as well so to sum up what i think, which is completely my opinion.
                1. good back tension, releasing tension from other places
                2. trying a double anchor

Comment

Give me a call tonight and I'll visit with you about your process..

Comment

Sounds good mike. I'll give ya a call this afternoon

Comment

Call Mike! He'll getcha going

Comment

The main thing I see that your doing wrong is wearing shorts with boots, that's all I got sorry.

Comment

Awesome!

Originally posted by jetlag887 View Post
                          The main thing I see that your doing wrong is wearing shorts with boots, that's all I got sorry.

Comment

Mike is the man. Listen to him as he has helped a bunch of us, directly or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                            X