Bugscuffle Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugscuffle Ranch

Any one have a good word about the place?

I went last year and had a blast. I didn't get a shot at my target animals (Axis or Fallow) but I ended up shooting a nice ram on a spot and stalk. The lodge is nice and Bryan and Debbie and their staff go out of their way to help you be successful. I would go back again.

Comment

Nice place great folks

Comment

did they ever get the website back up and running?

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
          did they ever get the website back up and running?
          yep

Comment

A group of us went a couple years ago to hunt hogs. We arrived Fri., the man showed us a few stands and was baiting them at the same time, then he took our money and that was the last we saw of him. No one came to check on us, to see if we were seeing anything, or to tell us if they saw anything. Or to offer advice on what other stands were active or inactive. The 4 of us were on our own. Should have just thrown our money in the trash and stayed home. Maybe they have changed but I will not take the chance. Too many better ranches. Saw plenty exotics, most acted like pets. No hogs or hog sign.

Comment

Went with a 10 man group. Guide put us in sorry blinds and he went and killed a 10pt. and axis while we were trying to find our way around. One of our group paterened a good black buck after 3 hunts and said some thing about it to the guide and they moved the stand 3 hours later so he was screwd. We won't be going back.

Comment

The both times I went I had great times. Brian worked his tail off to get us on game and did a good job at it. As soon as I save some money I plan on going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpit TX View Post
                  A group of us went a couple years ago to hunt hogs. We arrived Fri., the man showed us a few stands and was baiting them at the same time, then he took our money and that was the last we saw of him. No one came to check on us, to see if we were seeing anything, or to tell us if they saw anything. Or to offer advice on what other stands were active or inactive. The 4 of us were on our own. Should have just thrown our money in the trash and stayed home. Maybe they have changed but I will not take the chance. Too many better ranches. Saw plenty exotics, most acted like pets. No hogs or hog sign.
                  had the same experience a couple years ago. Not enough time for the details

Comment

Originally posted by Two 10's View Post
                    Went with a 10 man group. Guide put us in sorry blinds and he went and killed a 10pt. and axis while we were trying to find our way around. One of our group paterened a good black buck after 3 hunts and said some thing about it to the guide and they moved the stand 3 hours later so he was screwd. We won't be going back.
                    yep

Comment

I guess everyone has had different experiences, but we had a great hunt and several chances we harvested a large boar and a nice blackbuck several years back. For the money, accomodation, and size of ranch Bugscuffle is hard to beat IMO.

Comment

I have hunted several different ranches and it is the same on all of them. It depends on when the ranch gets new animals and when it was hunted last. I have been to several ranches that had no hunters during the week and it was great. I have went on a monday after a weekend hunt and it was terrible. It all depends on different factors. I will not hunt day leases anymore for that reason. Save a little more money and go to a ranch that wants you to kill and return. Day leases are like playing the lottery, the house holds all the cards.

Comment

It doesnt matter if the place has 1 dog or a whole zoo full of exotics, If you take someones hard earned money for them to come to your ranch to hunt.Then you should do everything in your power to make that hunt successful. The only one who had any success was the land owner cashing our checks. I would never reccomend this place to a friend or enemy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpit TX View Post
                            It doesnt matter if the place has 1 dog or a whole zoo full of exotics, If you take someones hard earned money for them to come to your ranch to hunt.Then you should do everything in your power to make that hunt successful. The only one who had any success was the land owner cashing our checks. I would never reccomend this place to a friend or enemy!!!
                            kinda like to hear this story

Comment

Didnt they used to be a sponser here?

Comment

Working...
                              X