J. D. Cox Ranches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J. D. Cox Ranches

Just in case anybody thinks about hunting J. D. Cox's ranches...DON"T!

I was invited to go on a hunt on his ranch near Bracketville by my nephew a couple years ago. It was absolutely a RIP OFF. There were stands that had carvings in them that said, "If you are hunting here then you were ripped off too!".

I have seen similar comments from reviews by hunters on other sites, so don't throw your money away!!!

We almost sent our deposit in until we did some research on the good ole internet...man that dude sounds like a dirtbag!

Comment

Sounds like Oran Hill

Comment

yea if u want to go there just send me your 800 bucks so you will get screwed by a friend,.....lol

Comment

Good info!

Comment

I have heard the same things for several years. I have hunt in Brackettville a few times.

Good info.
            Thanks, Berandel

Comment

Man that is a harsh review. It's good though because maybe someone else won't get ripped offed. And, I was kinda thinking, "yeah! it does sound like Orin"

Comment

This guy still advertises hard and heavy in the San Antonio Newspapers. I know of 2 guys who personally went to his place, they said it sucked with a capital S. This guy is just in it for money and nothing else.

Comment

man that sux. thanks for the tip

Comment

I always take what people say about outfitters and hunts as "PART" of my decision making process.

I was wondering if you checked out his Website before you paid your money? http://www.jdcoxhuntingranch.com/. I did, and after looking at it there's no way in heck he'd ever get any of my money. With or without your rating. Lots of video of, at best average deer. A few decent deer, but from the looks of it he's the only one that kills them unless you want to give him $1500.00 to hunt his "personal" blind. All the video for the most part is from 2000. The newest I saw was 2002. If I wanted to attract customers, I'd provide the latest video and pictures, unless of course you don't have any good enough to provide. As far how the other guy rated the camp. From what I can see in the videos it's just as hr described it. A trailer park. I'd say the assessment of this outfit is very accurate, but I also think that could have been determined very easily just by visiting his website beforehand.

Plus you mention the review you found from another hunter. Could you have found that "before" you handed over your hard earned cash?

Not berating you in any way. I feel for ya. I agree, that you got screwed. I would just caution all hunters to do a lot of research before you hand over your money to anyone. I, like you have been screw over on "hint". Many a time in my younger years. I don't give anyone my money now till I check them out thoroughly first. I could have decided about this guy in a very short time as I did this morning just by checking out his website. You can even pick up on his cocky attitude from the videos.

Again. Sorry you got taken. Caveat emptor/Buyer beware.
                    Last edited by bzzboyz; 01-04-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                      I always take what people say about outfitters and hunts as "PART" of my decision making process.

I was wondering if you checked out his Website before you paid your money? http://www.jdcoxhuntingranch.com/...that could have been determined very easily just by visiting his website beforehand.

Plus you mention the review you found from another hunter. Could you have found that "before" you handed over your hard earned cash?

I was invited to go by my nephew, and he paid for my trip. I had no reason at the time to check it out. Plus, I don't believe Cox had a website at that time...several years ago...just trying to keep others from being taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Berandel View Post
                        I was invited to go by my nephew, and he paid for my trip. I had no reason at the time to check it out. Plus, I don't believe Cox had a website at that time...several years ago...just trying to keep others from being taken.
                        Did you tell your nephew he owes ya big time???

Comment

Naw, I owe HIM bigtime! He takes care of his Uncle Randy...insists that I be a nonpaying partner on his deer lease! Last four years on a nice year round lease with excellent accomodations. He is generous almost to a fault.

Comment

I don't think he tried hard enough to sell his place on the video. Especially to the "boys in Florida". What a bozo!

Comment

Not to bad mouth any ranch, but I have been on a hunt on these ranches and it is not worth it. Saw a few does and ended up taking a spike on the last day. Several stands close together and very poorly managed as far as the deer population. I have talked to many people over the years that feel the same way about this outfit, not to mention the 8 guys that went with me. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                              X