Reel Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reel Cleaning

Looking to have a few reels cleaned. Any recommendations on shops around the Pearland/Angleton/Lake Jackson area would be greatly appreciated.

If you have Facebook look this young man up. He lives in Santa Fe, does awesome work and his turn around is incredible.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of reels? Do you have any interest in doing it yourself? I rebuild Shimano baitcasters all the time. Schematics and parts are readily available.
      Don’t have any advise as far as someone in your area but i can walk you thru common problems if you want to try it yourself.

Comment

Ive got a handful of Curados, Concept C and Z, a few different LEWS, Abu Garcia Revo to name a few. I clean the reels with oil every time I’m off the water but never had good experiences with taking them completely apart. I’m sure a few could use new bearings.

Comment

In. The last guy I used took forever

Comment

I think Roscoes in clute by AJC’s cleans reels.
            I think there is another tackle shop next to them as well.

Comment

Just buy a new one every year. I've had plenty of them rebuilt never like new.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CTaylor09 View Post
                Ive got a handful of Curados, Concept C and Z, a few different LEWS, Abu Garcia Revo to name a few. I clean the reels with oil every time I’m off the water but never had good experiences with taking them completely apart. I’m sure a few could use new bearings.
                It’s almost always the bearings that go bad with saltwater exposure.
                It’s simple to change them out. Bocabearings.com. The orange seal ABEC 7 bearings are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X