Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
    Our local gin originally called saying farmers bought all ccottonnseed and won’t have any due to poor crop/flooded fields. He called this weekend and had the last 5 tons they had dropped off.

What timed feeder you looking at Smart? Thought about adding a timed protein feeder and we started throwing soybean mix to change up from only corn.

Lamco 500 or All Seasons 600 ...Hoping to find used but will but new if I need too..

Comment

Friday I was able to arrow an older mgmt deer that I’d spotted a few weeks back. He was a fat one for sure. Many thanks to LSmith for helping me getting him back to camp.

.Click image for larger version

Name:	3AE8E79B-F952-4891-B3D9-7390ECA6D797.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	24564731

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F110434-E009-4D3A-AADF-E840DEA54F7A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	24564732

Comment

Congrats Humper

Comment

Congrats ,Jeff

Comment

Congrats on the deer. Gonna give it a try tomorrow evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lsmith View Post
              Closed the season out thursday morning with a 6.5 yo buck we had named Tito. We had 4 years of photos of him. He never grew into what we hoped for but was a smart mature buck...
              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by Humper View Post
              Friday I was able to arrow an older mgmt deer that I’d spotted a few weeks back. He was a fat one for sure. Many thanks to LSmith for helping me getting him back to camp.
              Congrats Jeff and Lance.

Comment

Double post
                Last edited by KactusKiller; 12-30-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Congrats lance and Jeff! Good way to finish up the season!
                  I’ll be headed west Tuesday evening to try and bag the trophy I’ve been after all yr. he has been on feed pretty consistent lately and been ther last 4 days so gonna slip out and try to get it done. Gonna be a cold sum buck but need to get it done!

Gonna head back west with my oldest next weekend but we will be mainly there for her buck.

Comment

Congrats Humpy..... good luck Jack!

If I can kick this cold, I’m taking my buddy and his 11 yo son to see if we can get his boy on his first deer, a doe, on Thursday. Unless I have a surprise on camera, I’ve pretty much relegated myself to taxi, camp cook and bartender....and I'm ok with that.
                    Last edited by Smart; 12-30-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Congrats Humpy..... good luck Jack!

If I can kick this cold, I’m taking my buddy and his 11 yo son to see if we can get his boy on his first deer, a doe, on Thursday. Unless I have a surprise on camera, I’ve pretty much relegated myself to taxi, camp cook and bartender....and I'm ok with that.
                      What if Dak and bease gave up like that in the 4th qtr today??

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        What if Dak and bease gave up like that in the 4th qtr today??
                        The man does have a point Smart. ..... Goodluck, Jack! I know you’re ready for some time out west.

Comment

It’s effing raining again. Put out a pop up and brushed it in the rain. I thought this was west Texas. Tomorrow is the last day for me for Buck season. Hail Mary time.

Comment

Had a really good weekend in West Texas. Took my buddy Rick ( Sit-n-sleep) with me to help out with some management.

I was able to arrow a 7 point that had turned into a 5 from fighting. He was a good cull buck to take out. I made a less than stellar shot on the deer but the ramcat did the trick and Rick was able to find the buck about 80 yards from the feed pen after some spotty blood. Ended up getting liver and the deer turned when I shot and it came out his guts in front of his back leg.

The last evening Rick was able to put a German Kinetic in the lungs of a buck we call PeeWee after a long game of cat and mouse.

The buck my wife shot with the crossbow was killed by my FIL 4 miles from where he was originally shot. The wound from the grim reaper had healed up nicely.

We also saw a really big mule deer while driving back to camp.

It was a great weekend with a good friend and we learned longneck bottle and West Texas ranch roads do not mix very well. [emoji1744]*[emoji3603]

Comment

Looks like a good productive weekend Justin! Congrats on the management work!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                                Looks like a good productive weekend Justin! Congrats on the management work!

It was and we managed to deer a lot of beer and still kill 2 deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X