Turnips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I planted some a few years ago and the deer never did touch them.

X2. Had huge turnips everywhere and they touched them for two seasons of planting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven’t been to these plots since I killed my buck November 13. There isn’t a blade of wheat or oats over 1” tall absolute hammering them. And turnips are actually being eaten now... leaf anyway. Tons pulled up, and I guess they could be eating the whole bulb but I don’t see any”bits and pieces” showing any proof of it.

Was a wildlife innovation camera on this plot. 517 pics on a plot!.... none formatted. &@&% WI
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, my shallow rocky west texas soil can only dream of actually producing bulbs. We always plant with hopes that it germinates. The deer hammer the greens but I have yet to see a turnip or radish bulb in the handful of years we have been planting plots.

Comment

I just checked one of my plots and it’s eat down to the dirt. Clover, oats and turnips

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Haven’t been to these plots since I killed my buck November 13. There isn’t a blade of wheat or oats over 1” tall absolute hammering them. And turnips are actually being eaten now... leaf anyway. Tons pulled up, and I guess they could be eating the whole bulb but I don’t see any”bits and pieces” showing any proof of it.

Was a wildlife innovation camera on this plot. 517 pics on a plot!.... none formatted. &@&% WI
            I had a bunch of hogs move in and they have not messed with my plots YET. They don’t seem to eat turnips or radishes

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              Deer and Hogs still not eating our Turnips.
              Same experience here. Tried them two different years and didn’t see evidence of either deer or hogs hitting them. Only saw few individual leaves had been nibbled. Think it was rabbit. However, I tried feeding soybeans some years back and deer didn’t touch them first two years but hit them good after that. So perhaps there is a learning curve with new feed sources.

Comment

This is first year for me in.... 15 or soon planting plots to have turnips being used. Still obviously not preferred by the extreme use of other plants but they are being used. And lots of organic matter for spring planting

Comment

They are finally eating the turnip greens! but... I'm only seeing does. :/

Comment

Never touched mine

Comment

I’ve got close to 10 acres of food plots with tons of turnips and radishes. They have litterly mowed em down. Looks like I ran a shredder over the plots. But, I pulled me and friends about 30 nice purple tops Thursday. I’ve been planting turnips for 10 years. My deer love them. Heck, as cheap as those seeds are, why not try them for 2-3 years to see if your deer will figure out what they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X