New blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New blind build

Starting a new blind for my little piece of heaven. Gonna overbuild it. 8 x 8. 8 ft tall. Bow and rifle windows. Making it nice enough for both my 9 yr old and my 4 yr old to go out with daddy for deer and hogs. Will be a long process. Got the floor finished today. Will try to load pics.
    Attached Files

Thats a good start.

Comment

if you build it at home how are you going to get to the ranch????

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
        if you build it at home how are you going to get to the ranch????
        That's the first thing that came to my mind.

Comment

Gonna be a tad heavy as well, but looks good so far.

Comment

Put any joist in the floor?

Comment

Made a few rookie mistakes. This weekend I am splitting the base into 2 4' sections. Yes there are joists in the floor. This thing is big and heavy, so far it has gotten good use as a stage for my daughters to dance and sing on. Will get more pics this weekend. Thanks for the comments, more to come.

Comment

Been a few busy months, but got back at it this weekend. Hope to get paint on by the end of the week. All sides come off for transport. Blind is 8 x 8, 7'10 tall at the front. Got kids that love to go on nighttime hunts, but fall asleep. Now they can lay down.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a heck of a blind!! Keep em comin!!

Comment

That looks awesome. I've been considering doing one of these myself.

Comment

Looking good, are you going to insulate the walls, I would for cool, warmth and sound!

Comment

Originally posted by jsrickert2 View Post
                        Looking good, are you going to insulate the walls, I would for cool, warmth and sound!
                        I know I'm gonna carpet the floor and maybe some of the walls initially. Planning on using the battery powered camping fans initially. Haven't thought about insulation, but I guess I could. It's only money

Comment

Coming along nice. I just used indoor/outdoor carpet in mine. It helps with the sound but adding some insulation may not be a bad idea. Especially with kids.

Comment

Nice condo. Looking good.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Working...
                              X