Collin County Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collin County Buck

Here is the video I have of a buck that was taken recently in Collin County near McKinney airport. I was told it scored 214 and as you can see it is a typical buck. There a three bucks in this video and there is another not in the video that looks like his sibling.
    Last edited by SgtRock; 11-03-2015, 11:28 AM.

Awesome buck again and congrats to the hunter. There out there and that area is known for some monsters!

He looks even bigger walking by in the video.

Comment

Great deer! Thanks for the video!

Collin County does have some monsters in it for sure...jealous of the guys that have land/leases to hunt. The genetics to me are similar to Plains/Midwest deer. Same with Hag deer as well. Too me its a different sub-type of wt deer campared to what most counties in Texas have.

Comment

Yup that's a stud! Looks even bigger on the video!

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
          Great deer! Thanks for the video!

Collin County does have some monsters in it for sure...jealous of the guys that have land/leases to hunt. The genetics to me are similar to Plains/Midwest deer. Same with Hag deer as well. Too me its a different sub-type of wt deer campared to what most counties in Texas have.
          When the refuge was first built in the 40's they brought in I believe it was deer from Wisconsin or Michigan somewhere up north.

Comment

Makes sense then...

Originally posted by OBU13DAD View Post
            When the refuge was first built in the 40's they brought in I believe it was deer from Wisconsin or Michigan somewhere up north.
            This makes sense...funny thing is until the last ten years or so you really never heard about deer in Collin much. Maybe they were always around but seem to be more news about them now. I agree the fact that most die from old age helps the area tremedously...

Comment

They the deer have Always been here but social media has made it more known as it does to everything

Comment

Originally posted by OBU13DAD View Post
                is there any info online about this? something i would like to read up on...

thanks

Comment

In again

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                    This makes sense...funny thing is until the last ten years or so you really never heard about deer in Collin much. Maybe they were always around but seem to be more news about them now. I agree the fact that most die from old age helps the area tremedously...
                    Originally posted by skeeterman View Post
                    They the deer have Always been here but social media has made it more known as it does to everything
                    We were seeing deer at Lavon back in the 1970's.

Comment

With no hunting for over 3 decades. plenty of bottom land browse and the fact they eat everything farmers plant. wheat, oats, corn, soybean, some plant and bale alfalfa. you got sorghum and back in the day north collin county had a few peanut crop experiments. they have a great diet. combine all that and let them walk for decades you will get some quality deer. also this is a fact and one of the guys involved in this is on the green screen (He was a young boy when his family did this). a group of land owners between anna and weston purchased a large herd of deer from a breeder and released them in that area on a large conglomerate of land . I believe it was in the mid 80's they did this. hurricane creek and east fork trinity all funnel down into mckinney. deer love to follow those tributaries and a few I think over time slipped south. just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Awesome deer!

Comment

These deer are a great example of what can happen when they get to reach their full age potential.

Comment

Working...
                          X