No announcement yet.

A new level of offended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you create a "Confederate Generals" Ipsum?

Comment

Change to the Hairy Lipsum gen and see what kind of reaction you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        Feed her some meat
        Her "meat" diet is probably limited to fish tacos

Comment

Ignore her and start interviewing replacements

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            What’s funny is she can’t even address it directly. Instead of coming to me and saying hey the Bacon ipsum makes me uncomfortable, can you just use regular ipsum. She instead sends me a chat message that’s says “hey look there is a lorem ipsum for hipsters that you can use instead of that sad bacon.” I could at least respect the former approach.
            It sounds like you're reading an awful lot into this. Since you're a fan of direct communication, why don't you ask her if she was offended or why she sent the note instead of assuming? If you are her supervisor and prefer direct communication, tell her that. Sending a chat message doesn't necessarily mean she is being indirect... many people these days see that as a normal mode of communication.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              What’s funny is she can’t even address it directly. Instead of coming to me and saying hey the Bacon ipsum makes me uncomfortable, can you just use regular ipsum. She instead sends me a chat message that’s says “hey look there is a lorem ipsum for hipsters that you can use instead of that sad bacon.” I could at least respect the former approach.
              I'm unclear on whether she directly said she was offended, as you imply in the original post, or if the chat message here ^^^ was the only mention of the issue. I say this not to nitpick, but if her cryptic chat message is all she said, then, you would be well within reason in ignoring her or even saying you didn't want to offend a whole class of young folks identifying as hipsters.

Or tell her you'll investigate things because there's always more than one way to skin a cat.

Reminded of Major Payne: "Sen-si-tive!"

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                Whoa man, that makes me cringe. God bless machine shops, we are pretty slim on snowflakes

Yea, We can’t hire people like that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                  Whoa man, that makes me cringe. God bless machine shops, we are pretty slim on snowflakes
                  I take it you don't work for a large company.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                    I wish the oilfield was free of sensitive snow flakes.
                    They are there and I aggravate them too. I hear about the idiots going to HR all the time, whining and crying cause someone called them a b**ch or looked at them wrong.

Now its the term "Bacon".

Comment

I'd proposition the vegetarian for head, and provide her with an emotional support squirrel.
                      If that doesn't work, you're pretty much up a creek.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                        Snowflakes should be given their own special place in this world...it's called northern Siberia. Actually we need a new term to call them because "snowflake" simply isn't harsh enough. IMHO obviously.
                        There is another term ....... I just call them a dumb ***

Comment

I'm in sales and our local office doubles as the corporate billing office. In addition to our local sales team and operations, we have a lot of extra folks from all walks of life. Honestly, I don't really feel that I can really be myself as to not offend anyone. I just do my thing, stay in my office when I am there and communicate with only those that I directly need to at the time. We have one younger guy that is a hoot, funny, jokes, shares videos, songs and all other stuff that is questionable in the political workplace. He is careful to only share it with those close to him but it's stuff I would never do up there. He is the best at what he does and says let them fire me, I'll just go to the next shop. I like his attitude, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                            i would send her a 2 word response, with the first word starting with the letter F and the second ending in F
                            Fabulous beef?

Comment

Do it right, use Fart Puff.............

Comment

Working...
                              X