• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how far is this place from west fort worth

Comment

Originally posted by hand grenade View Post
      how far is this place from west fort worth
      About 3.5 hours depending on how fast you drive.

Comment

This was posted under the campfire, was this any of you guys?

hunted primitive yesterday and when i was walking back some guys fishing said that they saw a flat bottomn boat coming back to the ramp and they had 2 pigs dead and had caught a piglett.... was this somebody from the sight or just a another hunter>? as far as me i saw lots of fresh sign but no pigs were killed. we jumped some but it was to thick to see them just sounded like a freight train running through the blood weeds away from us.

Comment

there were some guys camping at primitive sat,the guy i talked to said he shot 2 that morning and another guy shot one,i didnt see any tbh stickers in the parking lot,only sticker i saw was yours saturday

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
            there were some guys camping at primitive sat,the guy i talked to said he shot 2 that morning and another guy shot one,i didnt see any tbh stickers in the parking lot,only sticker i saw was yours saturday
            Goin out tomarrow afternoon before they all get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
              Goin out tomarrow afternoon before they all get killed.
              might call first cuz the heli was flying and shooting today at 6 and primitive

Comment

i didnt see any tbh stickers in the parking lot,only sticker i saw was yours saturday
                Me?, do they allow hunting in other units like behind the dam when their running the copter around gate 6, I would guess not.

Comment

sorry it wasnt your sticker,i would believe they would close all areas but i really dont know for sure,id just call to be sure

Comment

Here is a hog I shot today behind the dam on the right side. He is an awesome looking 80# blonde boar. He didn't make but about 20 yards before he squeeled out. I have shot a hog the last three times I have been to granger 2 with my compound and 1 with my recurve. The one with my recurve was hit a little too far back and was never recovered.
                    Attached Files

Comment

ok so i hear all this talk about granger and i goota know where this pace is? How far away from La Grange is Granger? If i were to come hunt one weekend would anybody like to show me the ropes and maybe a tip or two on where the best place to hunt. If so send me a PM. I think i'm ready for my first bow kill!!!

Comment

From la grange your looking at about 60 - 65 miles to V across from gate 7, which is where I would go if I wanted to shoot a hog now. Had some buddies just call and they shot 2 more in that area this weekend, thats 4 hogs in two trips out there for them, that place is on fire this year.

Comment

Awesome blondy Ol Hard Horn.... i've been looking for one like that everytime I've gone out. Was he with a large group?

Comment

He was with a group that had 3 big black sows and about 10 smaller ones ranging from 15to25 pounds. The large dark spot was some of the mud that caked on his hide from me having to drag him a little ways.

Comment

Hey Hard Horn. About what time did you stick the blond, daylight or dusk? (I guess this blond did not have more fun). Were they moving in the open or under the trees?

Comment

Looks like hillcountrybowhunter stuck another sow out there as well from his around the campfire report.

Comment

Working...
                                X