No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out at Granger this morning at gate #7 to do a little fishing... I couldn't even get a bite from a mosquito!! Saw some hunters out there, didn't see anyone bring anything back. Spotted a red F150 with a TBH sticker.

Comment

I went out there yesterday morning 1-30-09 me and a buddy got on a group not far from the primitive camp ground. I took my recurve in hopes of getting my first harvest with it. My buddy pushed some by me and I managed to get a shot off at 15 yards but I hit the hog to far back and I couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
        told you #6 had pigs not sure where you ran them to private land unless they ran into open feilds where did you see them??
        They ran out of the brush and I pushed them to #2 on the gate six photo, they headed throught that field and made a turn to the south towards 7, I was trying to keep up with them but my rangefinder fell off and i lost them.

I did see the Ranger at 6 when I was eating lunch, he just drove through and waved.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
          They ran out of the brush and I pushed them to #2 on the gate six photo, they headed throught that field and made a turn to the south towards 7, I was trying to keep up with them but my rangefinder fell off and i lost them.

I did see the Ranger at 6 when I was eating lunch, he just drove through and waved.
          someone popped one on the pensula at 6 had to be this morn or last night we ran into the inards,blood trail went towards the river so im guessing the came by boat,we didnt see squat

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
            someone popped one on the pensula at 6 had to be this morn or last night we ran into the inards,blood trail went towards the river so im guessing the came by boat,we didnt see squat

I walked through there the other mourning and thought I heard one take off.

Comment

:d:d:d
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice hog, had some friends shoot two more hawgs out there this weekend, will try to scan the pics and post them up as soon as I can.

Comment

Nice kill! What compartment was he out of?

Comment

Great Hog!!! Hope to the you at the Ranger hunt so we don't go hungry LOL

Comment

Went out and parked at 7 today and made my way to the river slowly and then back towards 6 before headin back. Only had a couple hours so didnt get to go where i wanted but nice anyways. Saw lots of deer, several times. At one point there was a decent 8 with a doe about 75yrds in the thick and they just sat there and stared as I slowly walked the paths. Seemed kinda wierd since all the other deer spooked when I found em. Anyways no hogs were heard or seen, and there were very few fresh tracks. I dont really know the compartments weel enought to know where I made it to but thought Id give a small report anyways. Gunna try and go Friday or Sunday anyone goin that I could tag along with? Thanks

Comment

Nice hog. What did you hit him with?

Comment

Originally posted by Villa View Post
                          Nice hog. What did you hit him with?
                          65 pound Bowtech Justice VFT.... A beman ics with a 100 grain Razortrick, made by slick trick. He didn't make it 60 yards.

Comment

Im new to this site but I have been hunting at Granger between lots 6 and 7. I was out today and didnt see much at all. I usually see quite a few deer but only saw two today. The two times I have seen hogs this year I have seen them in the blood weeds along the river between 6 and 7.

Comment

Here is a question. Anybody ever see any quail while out after hogs? TPWD says the bloodweed (aka giant ragweed) is great winter quail forage. So there should be piles of them. But I don't think I can ever remember flushing a covey at Granger.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                                Here is a question. Anybody ever see any quail while out after hogs? TPWD says the bloodweed (aka giant ragweed) is great winter quail forage. So there should be piles of them. But I don't think I can ever remember flushing a covey at Granger.

Im betting if there were far fewer hogs in the bloodweed you would see a bunch. Im betting the hogs just rip through the nest and prolly eat the eggs and young birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X