Newton County Rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newton County Rut

Do you all think most of the rut in Newton County will be over by this coming weekend ? I may be day late and a dollar short.

I can't speak for Newton county but it's just getting real good in San Augustine county.

Comment

No it should they were rutting hard this past weekend and I'm a firm believer that the older mature bucks make more mistakes in late November on our property. The biggest deer killed on our property was killed on the day after Thanksgiving at 3:00 P.M. IN 2015. He along with another mature brute were both chasing down a little bitty doe that happened to be in heat.

Comment

Thanks y'all...makes me feel a little bit better !

Comment

It should be cranking up this week. Guy on our lease in Newton shot a buck yesterday following a doe

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
            No it should they were rutting hard this past weekend and I'm a firm believer that the older mature bucks make more mistakes in late November on our property. The biggest deer killed on our property was killed on the day after Thanksgiving at 3:00 P.M. IN 2015. He along with another mature brute were both chasing down a little bitty doe that happened to be in heat.
            I'd venture to say that most of the does have been bred but the few stragglers that haven't are going to create a lot of competition, hence the reason you may see so many bucks chasing one doe. That being said, if you've got a lot of does there's probably another week or more of breeding left for them to do.

Comment

Whatever you do, teach Black-n-Red how to shoot while you're there

Hi Brian!

Comment

Newton County Rut

Haha...we need to get you up there to help me with that. Lol
                We're in trouble now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They were chasing good last week at our Newton county lease.

Comment

Working...
                  X