No announcement yet.

2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would you guys put in for the 9th if you were Bannie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gomez!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
          Blown save after blown save. This sucks...

Hammels has started 3 games.
          All three he left with the lead
          All three the bullpen screwed up

Comment

Originally posted by josh.hibbeler View Post
            Who would you guys put in for the 9th if you were Bannie?

As of right now Bush is who I would want in the game in the 9th. He is not afraid to go after the hitters and challenge them, also he has a high strikeout rate.

Comment

Fubar!

Comment

RANGERS bullpen is the best in the league

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  RANGERS bullpen is the best in the league
                  Good to see the winder likkers are out in full force ....

Comment

I haven't questioned Banny until yesterday. I am certain Dyson has a strained oblique and needs a few weeks on the DL.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                      I haven't questioned Banny until yesterday. I am certain Dyson has a strained uterous and needs a few weeks on the DL.

Comment

I think to some extent Brocail is more to blame then Bannie for the last blown save. It is the pitching coaches job to work with the pitchers and report to the manager. It's also his job to make recommendations during the game as to which pitcher is best for the given situation. I assume he told Bannie Dyson was ready after a couple good work days and a decent 1 inning outing.

Comment

Originally posted by josh.hibbeler View Post
                          I think to some extent Brocail is more to blame then Bannie for the last blown save. It is the pitching coaches job to work with the pitchers and report to the manager. It's also his job to make recommendations during the game as to which pitcher is best for the given situation. I assume he told Bannie Dyson was ready after a couple good work days and a decent 1 inning outing.

hard to "judge" mental makeup when the lights are on from a throwing or bullpen session and Bannie is big on sticking with his guys to let them push through. I'm going to give them equal responsibility. Of course in Dyson's defense he did get the ground ball albeit in the wrong place. Had Elvis been two steps to his left it would have been a different inning. Do we blame it on the bench coach then now or whoever aligns them?
                          Last edited by Smart; 04-17-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I don't think Bush is the man. He needs to develop a second pitch because his fastball is hard and flat. He has been working on a cutter/slider but I don't think he has the feel for it to be able to command it. And Sometimes it ends up pretty flat.
                            I vote Leclerc for closer but the organization believes he is too young for the role.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              hard to "judge" mental makeup when the lights are on from a throwing or bullpen session and Bannie is big on sticking with his guys to let them push through. I'm going to give them equal responsibility. Of course in Dyson's defense he did get the ground ball albeit in the wrong place. Had Elvis been two steps to his left it would have been a different inning. Do we blame it on the bench coach then now or whoever aligns them?

I agree. I think it is a mental issue with Dyson. But he has never been a lights out closer. It has never been 1,2,3 9th inning with him. He blew 5 saves last year not bad out of 43 opportunities but there were several saves that were much more dramatic then they should have been. Tolleson was the same way.
                              I was just trying to fade some heat off of Bannie. I think he is a good manager and with that role comes the responsibility and the heat, but IMO there is no way he puts Dyson in with out the nod from Brocail.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I blame "the organization" for letting Dyson stand too close to Derek Holland for too long last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X