OZ Cut Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OZ Cut Broadheads

Has anybody here used Oz-Cut Broadheads?
    I do shoot a compound bow but I like the old school heavier arrows an two blade broadheads.
    Thanks in advance!

I have never hear of them till you started this thread so I looked them up. I think they would work fine from a compound, but would not personally use them from my trad bows because they are too stubby and not wide enough (the 125gr and 150 gr are not even 1" wide).

Bisch

Comment

Like Bisch I think they are too small.
      B

Comment

I have been looking at them for pigs. Let me know if you get some and like em.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          I have never hear of them till you started this thread so I looked them up. I think they would work fine from a compound, but would not personally use them from my trad bows because they are too stubby and not wide enough (the 125gr and 150 gr are not even 1" wide).

Bisch
          I am trying to figure out if the length they quote includes the ferrule, or is it just the blade? Isn't there some general rule of thumb that 3:1 is a good aspect ratio?

The 125/150s are just at 1 1/16" wide... so they are wider than 1". The lengths on the other hand are really short.

They look pretty cool. But looks are pretty meaningless, unless you are talking bow stains and armguards

Comment

They sure look stout. Kinda remind me of stone points, and they took game for a few thousand years.

Ashby found that even a minimal tip bend drastically reduced penetration. Don't reckon that would be an issue with these.

Otoh, both he and HH believed in the 3 to 1 ratio, and these heads are about as far as you can get from that, without shooting a flying wood chisel.

They do have 2 proven aspects of good penetrators: smooth profile and no vents.

I'm intrigued too, Idahobow84. Shoot you an elk with one and report back. :-)

Joe

Comment

I have seen them on the internet, this is what I use, look pretty close.

Comment

Well, I read it wrong. I thought it said 11/16".

Bisch

Comment

They have a ton of videos on the Internet of aussies shooting hogs and billy goats with em

Comment

Don't shoot the billy goat!!!!

Comment

Those look almost just like a two blade vpa. You can get the vpa's scary sharp easily and they shoot great.

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                      I have seen them on the internet, this is what I use, look pretty close.

http://cutthroatbroadheads.com/index.html
                      How do you like the cutthroats? Came close to getting some of their glue ons
                      Last edited by chackworth3; 03-23-2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

They are very short but they look well made,I d shoot them if the were longer and wider The tip looks like good bone buster. I guess for compound there good tough and heavier than 100 gn expandible.

Comment

Look like VPAs which have a great reputation

Comment

Working...
                          X