Looking at a lease but have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at a lease but have questions

I am looking at a lease with 6 friends and wanted to get some feedback on size. I am thinking 250-300 acres is plenty but some of the guys are looking closer to 500+. Location is in Sabine County with the paper Mill company up there. Is there a good rule of thumb based on number of people and acres?

In my opinion 7 people on 300 acres is crazy high. I would think yall would need 1000 acres at least.

Comment

You need more land, especially if you're going to rifle hunt.

Comment

More land if rifle hunting. Me and two other buddy's all bow hunt 60 acres comfortably

Comment

I hunt on 300 with 3 other guys and only one of them ever hunts. It gets pretty tight if they all show up. I might look for a bigger piece of property.

Comment

In the piney woods of the east ,my leases try to keep to around 75 acres per hunter

Comment

I hunt the Pineywoods and we keep 300 acres each minimum.

Comment

100 acres per person is the least I'd go with. The more acres per person the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacwoods View Post
                  I am looking at a lease with 6 friends and wanted to get some feedback on size. I am thinking 250-300 acres is plenty but some of the guys are looking closer to 500+. Location is in Sabine County with the paper Mill company up there. Is there a good rule of thumb based on number of people and acres?
                  In that neck of the woods I would be looking for at least 600 acres for 6 hunters. 1200 acres would be better. Tough hunting around there. Any reason why you are limiting yourself to Sabine County?

Comment

If a land owner is willing to let 7 guns (especially if rifles) on 250-300 acres, run away fast and don't look back..... I think you need at least 200-250 acres per GUN. Half that for all bow hunters. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                      100 acres per person is the least I'd go with. The more acres per person the better.
                      This^^^^! Even more if there will be rifle hunting on this lease.

Bisch

Comment

i agree, 100 acres minimum per person hunting

Comment

at least 100 acres, especially with rifles.

Comment

x2

Comment

100 acres per man.

No "private blinds" (draw numbers for blind if multiple hunters show up)

Guest can be family only and limited on #of deer they can shoot. NON family allowed with $100 guest fee.

Comment

Working...
                              X