review of Extreme Bow Hunting in Brackettville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron , glad you had a good time. Nice animals
    Im planning an early January hunt there and cannot wait..

Comment

Awesome, now for a pic of the blackbuck. I love those animals!!

Comment

Lab

Are the blinds you hunts there permanents and already set up?i think thats the way the old place was

Comment

axis16, they do have permanent blinds, both box ground blinds and open tripod blinds. We also set up a make shift ground blind with some cut brush and natural cover. I can not say enough good about the experience we had and the animals we amazing. I wish I would have bought a WT tag, but this close to Christmas every penny counts. If my lotto numbers come up I will be back the next day

Comment

Glad you guys had a good time. I was there in 09,10 and 11 under the old BHP. I always did well there and would love to go back

Comment

LDP? Really want a good place to hunt blackbuck

Comment

Pictures, or it did not happen

Comment

Speedgoat, Perhaps the same could be said to you about your bad hunt in June.........? Pictures??? Or it did not happen......!? Ha ha Good times to be had at extreme bowhunting! Managed very well and they work hard to make your hunt a success!

Comment

I've been to that place when it was Bowhunters paradise. Glad to see it changed for the better

Comment

Anybody know what the closest airport is to this ranch? I spoke to Caleb a couple weeks ago and he seems to be a standup guy. This is one ranch I've had my eye on to hunt. Thanks.

Comment

We flew in to San Antonio. It was a fairly easy drive from there. I was very lucky in that we had a Texas resident pick us up and he knew his way around, but I think it is pretty straight shot and only took us a few hours with stopping for supplies and eating a quick dinner. Caleb is a stand up guy and he will get you on some nice animals. I will definitely be returning to Extreme and I believe if you were to ask 12thman he would say the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Southernsam View Post
                          Anybody know what the closest airport is to this ranch? I spoke to Caleb a couple weeks ago and he seems to be a standup guy. This is one ranch I've had my eye on to hunt. Thanks.

San Antonio is the closest major airport. It's about an hour and twenty min from bracketville.

Comment

Thanks fellas!!

Comment

So...did you have the most success doing spot and stalk or sitting in a blind?

Comment

I did do some spot and stalk, mostly just after a sit or to make a move to a different area. The blinds or up in the tripod stands were what worked for me/us. The terrain was not super quiet. Made it tough to try and put a sneak on anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X