Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dec 11 Brazos County Archery Charity shoot

1715 Louis Street Bryan, TX

This will be our 29th Annual Fred Bear Shoot. All targets will be less than 30 yards. Scoring rewards good shots, punishes bad shots. : D.

Free chili lunch. Please bring a donation, pantry item, or new socks to benefit the Twin City Mission.

This is a great shoot to wrap up the hunting season and prepare for the 3D season.

This year we will have TShirts.
    Last edited by Dusty Britches; 12-01-2022, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Looks good and a good cause.
      Thanks

Comment

I've never done a shoot before but I'm thinking about trying this one out. Is there a list of rules somewhere?

Comment

I'm not sure if the shoots' rules are posted -

But, there's only 1 stake for adults and 1 for kids.
          All targets are set no more than 30 yards.
          Scoring rings 8, 10, 12 are in play, but 5's are a MINUS 5 and misses are zeros.
          You may decline a shot for a +1, but you will lose face with your fellow shooters.

Don't go thinking that this will be easy, because even if the target is 10 yards doesn't mean you won't have to lean way out to get around a tree or you won't have to thread a needle. It is a lot of fun and nearly all of our regular shooters think this is the most fun shoot of the year.

Plus, did I mention the free chili lunch?

Comment

How do I sign up?

Comment

On site that day. Just bring something for the Mission.

Comment

While there will be rain this weekend, the super long range forecast says no rain for that weekend.

Comment

The range will open at 7:30, shoot starts at 10. There will be no special start for the traditional shooters - 10 am for everyone.

The weather will be perfect for this shoot, so we are really hoping to fill a truck or two with donations. Last year we topped out a truck. Let's beat that this year!

Comment

I can't wait to be there!

Comment

Range is set, chili will be hot! Come on out!

Comment

Working...
                      X