No announcement yet.

Thompson Temple lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my son are going back in April and I think we might go after one of his big horn just because those things won't let you get close and it will be a challenge.

Comment

I saw lots of does at the stand right behind his house

Comment

Phdan,

He considers the deer by his house and in the front as "Pets" and are Off Limits. I've seen him feed them out of his hand by the breeding pen down from the trailer. But the ones up on the Mountain are another story ... I like the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
          Couple of negatives. Guess they did not venture to the back side of the ranch. All the hunting you want
          I guess our ideas of hunting are completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
            I guess our ideas of hunting are completely different.

You ever been to the back?

Comment

You ever been to the back?
              i know the place well. Never been on it with a weapon....... No need for one. Just bring a rope it would be more exciting.

Comment

i know the place well. Never been on it with a weapon....... No need for one. Just bring a rope it would be more exciting.

So you have never hunted the back pasture. Yet u know all. SMH

Comment

So you have never hunted the back pasture. Yet u know all. SMH
                  Yes that is correct. How many times have you been? How many times have you come home empty handed?? I bet none.
                  I bet your batting 1000! Is that because your hunting skills are superior or maybe because its like shooting fish in a barrel? Think about it!:cool
                  Last edited by Huggybear; 12-17-2015, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Way to start a passing match on someone's post. The OP was just asking if someone has been lately not an opinion of is it hunting or how hard is it do that in yalls pm's.

Comment

Huggybear ...

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                      Way to start a passing match on someone's post. The OP was just asking if someone has been lately not an opinion of is it hunting or how hard is it do that in yalls pm's.
                      X2 on this ... I understand Opinion's but if you don't like Thompson Temple's place or Ram hunting = Move On ! All the OP was asking for was information NOT someone's opinion about TT that maybe and I'm guessing has never hunted the back part of the ranch

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                        Huggybear ...

X2 on this ... I understand Opinion's but if you don't like Thompson Temple's place or Ram hunting = Move On ! All the OP was asking for was information NOT someone's opinion about TT that maybe and I'm guessing has never hunted the back part of the ranch

Maybe you should take your own advise.. It's not hunting either. The back part....... Haha..... Yall make it sound like the Alaskan bush!!! Lol
                        Last edited by Huggybear; 12-17-2015, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Ram hunting in general isn't gonna be anything like hunting free range whitetail or anything like that by any means! I have hunted Thompsons and we had a blast! It's not for some people but you get out of it what you put in it! Yeah the ones up front by the pens and cabins you could almost use a hammer for some of them. But when we were there the ones way back in there were not about to let you get up within bow range very easily. My buddy and I both got rams but we Def had to work for them to get the ones we wanted. They can use that terrain to their advantage very well. But there are plenty out there that are like a petting zoo goat but not all of them. We had fun though and would go again in a heartbeat! Plus Thompson is about as good of people as you will find

Comment

Maybe you should take your own advise.. It's not hunting either. The back part....... Haha..... Yall make it sound like the Alaskan bush!!! Lol
                            You should find another thread.

Your opinion isn't contributing anything worthwhile, on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                              Me and my son are going back in April and I think we might go after one of his big horn just because those things won't let you get close and it will be a challenge.
                              Went twice this year and had a blast! good group there back in may for my first paid hunt. It is definitely dependant on the people that were there prior as to the living conditions. Went last at the end of september with a big group, couldnt have had a better time.. the land had dried a bit and had plenty of animals in the back part of the ranch and is definitely not for the faint of heart hiking, 7 hours of climbing was enough.
                              CINCO DE ARROW- JBARR

Comment

Drove by this past Tuesday on my way home and saw a ton of rams in whatever pasture is right by HWY 41, looked target rich.

Comment

Working...
                                X