Was using “weed”, and got busted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was using “weed”, and got busted!

Had a new pig stand that is HOT with activity!!! Checked weather and was good to go. Slam dunk!!! Climb in at 5:50 and get out my weed... MILK weed. 100% WRONG. NOT EVEN CLOSE, WRONG!!! Might as well climb down... nvm all 17 hogs run in... and were last seen running west at approximately 37 mph. By W,SW, S they must have meant N and NE. I’ve never seen an occupation be wrong so much. Don’t believe me, get a hay baler

I had N stands I could hunt too...

If you ain’t using milk weed you’re missing a HUGE wind detector advantage. It’s already got pods here but ain’t ready yet. I’m still using last years “stash”
    Attached Files

Use it for what? Spooking off all the game in the pasture. Am I missing your point?

Comment

You’re worried about a 3 mph wind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
        Use it for what? Spooking off all the game in the pasture. Am I missing your point?
        He's talking about milkweed, its a seed head that is great for detecting wind. He checked the wind with his milkweed and was about to back out when all the pigs came in.

Comment

I think i can guess the wind direction better than the forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            You’re worried about a 3 mph wind?

Was 8-10 at that. I hate a 3mph though they swirl too bad

Comment

Cut out small hole in top of plastic snuff can and stuff a whole bunch in it.....very good wind checker!!

Comment

I have a ziploc full if you need some more Kyle

I meant to pull the seeds off and plant them to start my own crop but forgot them

Comment

I can pretty well detect the direction of an 8-10mph wind.

Comment

I'm sure we'll have another bumper crop of milkweed if you need any.
                    Spouse though it was a good idea to spread the seeds from the truck with the window down, truck full of milkweed seeds now. They turn up everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I can pretty well detect the direction of an 8-10mph wind.

I could to, until I started using milk weed, mind blowing how wrong we can be. I’ve had it blow past a 36” fan in a barn. Terrain, structures, thermals all effect air currents that we can’t feel and powders won’t carry

Weather guy was just wrong today. By time I got home flags were blowing from North. When I left house they were limp. I had to take their word

Comment

I’ll be ****ed, I’ll have to pay more attention next time I see some milk weed.

Comment

I'm planning on trying milkweed this year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            I could to, until I started using milk weed, mind blowing how wrong we can be. I’ve had it blow past a 36” fan in a barn. Terrain, structures, thermals all effect air currents that we can’t feel and powders won’t carry

Weather guy was just wrong today. By time I got home flags were blowing from North. When I left house they were limp. I had to take their word
                            As you stated here, several things affect wind currents. Even if the weather guy predicts it right doesn't mean it will be blowing that direction at your stand. That's what makes milkweed so great.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just curious but can’t you tell which direction the wind is blowing when you get out of the truck?

Comment

Working...
                              X