2016 F150 trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 F150 trouble

Driving home earlier and engine light came on. Checked the codes when I got home and found p2005 and p2007. Did a google search and apparently it’s a common problem with the 5.0 motor and the intake manifold will have to be replaced. Should that be covered under the power train warranty? Truck is a 2016 with 44k miles on it.

I would think it should be. That’s crazy for that new of a truck. Good luck hope it’s something else.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I had a bunch of "check engine" light issues w/ a 2014 F150 w/ 5.0 engine. Not even the dealership service department could get them sorted out. Hope you have better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        I would think it should be. That’s crazy for that new of a truck. Good luck hope it’s something else.

Sierracharlie out…

I agree. Truck has been babied too. Only thing it ever towed was a lawn mower.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
          I had a bunch of "check engine" light issues w/ a 2014 F150 w/ 5.0 engine. Not even the dealership service department could get them sorted out. Hope you have better luck.

I hope I do too.

Comment

I think it is unlikely the intake is bad, they are pretty bombproof from what I know. I wonder if something else is throwing the code like a vacuum leak etc....

Comment

Not trying to dump on your thread but I doubt that’s covered under a power train warranty. Those usually cover internal engine parts along with the transmission, transfer case and differentials. They will likely equate that to an external part such as an alternator or a water pump. Needed, yes. Part of the drivetrain, no.

I hop for your sake they do cover it but I definitely have my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                I think it is unlikely the intake is bad, they are pretty bombproof from what I know. I wonder if something else is throwing the code like a vacuum leak etc....

A quick google search showed that it’s a known and common problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                  Not trying to dump on your thread but I doubt that’s covered under a power train warranty. Those usually cover internal engine parts along with the transmission, transfer case and differentials. They will likely equate that to an external part such as an alternator or a water pump. Needed, yes. Part of the drivetrain, no.

I hop for your sake they do cover it but I definitely have my doubts.

I hope they do. I’ll call them in the morning and see what they say. If they say it isn’t covered it won’t be going to a dealer.

Comment

May not help, but check different dealers if the first one tells you "no".

Comment

Took it to the dealer this morning. They charged me $75 to tell me it needs an intake manifold. Already knew that but they had to diagnose it. Warranty will pay for everything but the diagnosis fee which is great. Bad thing is the manifold is back ordered until June 15. They are supposed to let me know if someone turns in one of their 3 loaners. Overall I’m happy with the dealer so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        A quick google search showed that it’s a known and common problem.
                        I guess so, I had a 5.4 that was throwing codes and mechanic said it was rare to see one go bad, must be a different setup.

Comment

Good to hear you are within warranty. Not sure how they are sticking you with the diagnostic fee though. They diagnosed their parts are bad, they should be responsible for everything. If their parts weren't bad, you wouldn't be wasting your time standing in their service dept. I guess I'm a stickler though. I hate dealing with warranty and car dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                            Good to hear you are within warranty. Not sure how they are sticking you with the diagnostic fee though. They diagnosed their parts are bad, they should be responsible for everything. If their parts weren't bad, you wouldn't be wasting your time standing in their service dept. I guess I'm a stickler though. I hate dealing with warranty and car dealers.

I do agree. They didn’t charge me anything today so maybe they decided not to. Not sure until they finish the repair. If I’m only out $75 I’ll be ok with that.

Comment

Should be no diag fee if covered under warranty. your getting hosed.

Comment

Working...
                              X