Stadium Seat issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stadium Seat issue

I bought some seats out of minute maid park a couple months ago. These came from the suite area that they are renovating. They were sold as is and you got the next ones in line when you went through so I didn't get to choose any others when I got these. They have a small issue. One of the feet is broke off and it is cast. I want to find a way to build some kind of base to keep these upright when people are sitting in them and so they wont fall over. Anyone on here have any ideas of what I can do or know of a place I can take them to be fixed. Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	seats 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	25213635

Name:	seats 2.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	25213636

Name:	seats 3.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	25213637

Not sure about getting them redone. i had some from the old astro dome. They sell brackets online for them which is what we did. Maybe google stadium chair brackets or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
      Not sure about getting them redone. i had some from the old astro dome. They sell brackets online for them which is what we did. Maybe google stadium chair brackets or something similar.
      Yea I have those brackets for my astrodome seats. But with the foot missing and the holes on the other not in the best shape, I don't think the brackets for these would really work

Comment

Get a some nickel rod and some steel and have at it! Seems like almost any welding shop could replicate for you.

Comment

Measure leg width on both sides. Purchase steel tubing that will slip over leg. Weld base plate with mounting holes onto short tube. Slide over leg, drill through and bolt tube to leg. Bolt to ground.

Comment

I'd cut all the legs off to the same length and make a new slip on foot with square tubing and some plate. Secure the new foot with a bolt through the leg. Then bolt them down where you want them to live.

Comment

There ya go. ^^^

Comment

genius

Comment

I wouldn't cut off the perfectly good feed to repair the one missing one. As mentioned, you can weld to cast with a nickel rod. I would fabricate a foot as close to possible as the original and then bolt/weld a piece of plate or good piece of wood (like ipe) for the base. I found this picture of your exact seats.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by RR 314; 05-26-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                    I wouldn't cut off the perfectly good feed to repair the one missing one. As mentioned, you can weld to cast with a nickel rod. I would fabricate a foot as close to possible as the original and then bolt/weld a piece of plate or good piece of wood (like ipe) for the base. I found this picture of your exact seats.

I like this idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I meant to add you can take a paint sample to Sherwin Williams etc. and get DTM paint matched pretty dang close to original color. wire wheel/brush and treat other rust as well. Could paint base same color as well.

Comment

If you have access to someone with a scanner and 3d printer you could make another and have a sleeve fabricated in it to slip over there existing leg. We have group at work that does this for some of our hard to get parts.

Comment

Working...
                        X