Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    And the oilfield arrogance is why many want it fail. And to think the economy can't flourish without big oil at ridiculous levels please explain the 90's for me.
    I don't think many are saying or ever said we would all starve like Russia if oil tanks. We were stating the fact that many people would lose high paying jobs. And those people spend lots of money on just about everything in the big cities so everyone will feel the affects, even those who don't think oil will affect them at all.

I know lots and lots of oil people who spend tons eating out in Austin. It WILL affect everyone...some in small ways some in bigger ways. It will affect taxes coming into cities and not just cities in the oil fields. Taxes revenue drops and you think cities, counties, and the FED will cut back spending?

Real estate agents are already feeling it...and it's just started to slow.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      I don't think many are saying or ever said we would all starve like Russia if oil tanks. We were stating the fact that many people would lose high paying jobs. And those people spend lots of money on just about everything in the big cities so everyone will feel the affects, even those who don't think oil will affect them at all.

I know lots and lots of oil people who spend tons eating out in Austin. It WILL affect everyone...some in small ways some in bigger ways. It will affect taxes coming into cities and not just cities in the oil fields. Taxes revenue drops and you think cities, counties, and the FED will cut back spending?

No doubt Texas will be hit hard and affect many. My point is the oil sector isn't the only economic engine out there.

Comment

Yep and that tech bubble got stupid big and broke. Everything is cyclical.
        good thing the oilfield trash was there to pick up the slack

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
          good thing the oilfield trash was there to pick up the slack
          Yes it was and the housing boom. And I have never used the term oilfield trash.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Oilfield trash is a term of endearment. I use it and embrace it.

Comment

You will have towns that built up just for this oil boom hit the hardest, and the workers that are associated with the different company's that popped up. Every time we have a new guy hired he gets a truck,phone, computer and all work clothes paid for. As well as every town we have wells at we eat/shop at all the mom and pop stores that believe or not love the fact that they actually have customers again. Eagle Ford Shale has built up so many towns with hotels/stores/restruants. If/when oil comes to a hault the city's and families will take a very hard hit as well as the thousands of workers. On top of all that just think about the amount of tanks,pipes and metals that are on a basic location. Seems it would hit the steel shops pretty hard also.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

How was everybody getting by before the boom? I know people are making money and spending it and will suffer with the boom but it's not going to last forever. All the hotels, new restaurants, RV parks and everything else that popped up will eventually go away. I don't have any hate on the oilfield, I thought about making a run at it, but I don't like working overtime. Lol. My little brother was laid off last week. I hope the price goes back up, I don't want anybody to be laid off. But working a job dependent on something as volatile as oil you have to know what could happen before you go in. Make the money while it's there to be made and put some back. Also, as much as you think so, not near as many people will be affected as much as you think.

Comment

How was that tech bubble going?

Whichever way. People look at their little bubbles and think they won't be affected. Be happy over $25 per tank savings while American jobs are lost and YOUR money is buying oil from foreign countries instead of American.
                  I understand that American Oil is sold on the open market to the highest bidder? If that is case it dont seem to bother you where you sell it, why should it bother you where I buy it?

Comment

Looks like this thread is about who is mad at who, who is jealous about who and who is better off than who. Heck I'm mad, jealous and worse off because nobody has drilled on my property yet and I've been paying high diesel prices.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by holepuncher View Post
                      I understand that American Oil is sold on the open market to the highest bidder? If that is case it dont seem to bother you where you sell it, why should it bother you where I buy it?

You should probably understand more about the export ban of US oil before you assume knowing what I'm bothered by.
                      Last edited by kyle1974; 12-18-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by holepuncher View Post
                        Export Ban

Comment

What's interesting is yes I like that $25 dollars I am saving per fill up... That's 300-400 a month in savings for me. That savings multiplied throughout the us economy is about 200 million a day. Of course those closest to the pain hurt the most but there are millions of Americans who are benefiting from low fuel prices. These same American consumers will spend those dollars and put it back into the economy. The **** hole towns of south texas will revert back to **** holes same as the rest of the **** holes across the state and country. Hopefully the old timers and savvy saved and enjoyed the boom.

Comment

What's interesting is yes I like that $25 dollars I am saving per fill up... That's 300-400 a month in savings for me. That savings multiplied throughout the us economy is about 200 million a day. Of course those closest to the pain hurt the most but there are millions of Americans who are benefiting from low fuel prices. These same American consumers will spend those dollars and put it back into the economy. The **** hole towns of south texas will revert back to **** holes same as the rest of the **** holes across the state and country. Hopefully the old timers and savvy saved and enjoyed the boom.
                            True Story

Comment

200 million a day in savings, for roughly 200 million drivers?

$1 a day savings per driver in this country... yeah, that'll turn things around.

plenty of irony floating around... banks are too big to fail and get the bailouts. oilfield is just a "minimal" impact to the economy.

it will be tough to watch, but if larger companies start to default on loans that were taken over the past 5 years, maybe other people will open their eyes.
                              Last edited by kyle1974; 12-18-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by expressfish View Post
                                o come'on, there's lots of other people out there that can slap that $100 bill out too. Oil field isnt the only place to make a dollar. Its todays nickle and dime
                                And the oilfield arrogance is why many want it fail. And to think the economy can't flourish without big oil at ridiculous levels please explain the 90's for me.
                                You dont say?!

I am FAR from arrogant with my money. I do not feel i am rich. Nor do i feel that i make loads of money. I am blessed to make a comfortable living and i try my best to save and not live beyond my means. I do however, joke about it when ignorant people make dumbass statements. And will continue to do so
                                Oilfield trash is a term of endearment. I use it and embrace it.
                                Upper middle class white trash maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X