No announcement yet.

How fast is a gunfight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was involved in 4 over my 30 years as a police officer 2 of my own and 2 as the cover officer and yes they happen quickly, I learned from the first one we are reactionary to the suspects action, suspect got off first shot. so be ready, be accurate and come to work with your head screwed on straight cause you never know when it will happen, 2 weeks after my first one I was involved in another one. then 2 years later another all in July{ first 3} the last one was with my now wife on the other end of the mic as our dispatcher she was a wreck afterwards but handled it like a champ on the air. I tell all my brother L.E.O.'S shoot straight shoot fast and react don't think, learn to be an instinctive shooter and not worry about X's on a paper target, when that first round goes off no matter who lets it off remember O.O.D.A. LOOP

Comment

Good shoot!

Comment

Originally posted by metalmangeorge View Post
        Just wait the family of the robber will sue the bank and the guard before its over.
        Really? You think they will be able to find a lawyer to take their case? (sarcasm intended).

On another note--was the guard wise to follow up the perp? I think he should have gotten the tellers as far away as possible and let the LEOs take care of disarming him. Could have been a different outcome if the perp had been alive and shot the guard.

Comment

Some are a lot quicker than that. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kodNfvkqY8s

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

For those of us not on the facebook...

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0LaeRiQl8E

Thank you for the link. It provided for a better link afterward with a bit more footage. I wonder if the brown Ford P/U that passed by the windows just before was somehow involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                YouTube channel called Active Self Protection has videos like this all the time. He goes through and talks about lessons to be learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                This^^^ I've watched every single one of his videos.. lots of great learning from his commentary and the vids. Don't ever go to a convenient store in Brazil, they all get robbed at gunpoint it seems..lol. jk jk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                  This^^^ I've watched every single one of his videos.. lots of great learning from his commentary and the vids. Don't ever go to a convenient store in Brazil, they all get robbed at gunpoint it seems..lol. jk jk

No kidding! All those car jackings too! Crazy third world crap.

I just hope if I ever have to use the lessons, that I can remember important things in the heatofthemoment.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    Really? You think they will be able to find a lawyer to take their case? (sarcasm intended).

On another note--was the guard wise to follow up the perp? I think he should have gotten the tellers as far away as possible and let the LEOs take care of disarming him. Could have been a different outcome if the perp had been alive and shot the guard.
                    Neutralize the threat. If the criminal has a gun by him, even while laying on the ground after being ventilated by bullets, I am getting the gun away from him so he can't have one last chance to fire off another round at me.

I do like how the write up under the video it said that wall the security guard was behind was not adequate protection. I don't know for a fact at this specific location, but those walls between tellers and customers are typically built to withstand bullets. Heavy wood at minimum, and the one bank we did, had CMU walls there. Specifically for this scenario.

Comment

That done got done real quick

Comment

So fast the bad guy only had time to "stop,drop and roll." That only helps when you're on fire. Not so much when you're being fired upon. He should have just dropped and stopped right from the get go instead of in the doorway.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                            I was involved in 4 over my 30 years as a police officer 2 of my own and 2 as the cover officer and yes they happen quickly, I learned from the first one we are reactionary to the suspects action, suspect got off first shot. so be ready, be accurate and come to work with your head screwed on straight cause you never know when it will happen, 2 weeks after my first one I was involved in another one. then 2 years later another all in July{ first 3} the last one was with my now wife on the other end of the mic as our dispatcher she was a wreck afterwards but handled it like a champ on the air. I tell all my brother L.E.O.'S shoot straight shoot fast and react don't think, learn to be an instinctive shooter and not worry about X's on a paper target, when that first round goes off no matter who lets it off remember O.O.D.A. LOOP

Crazy story w your wife being the dispatcher. Lots of guts to go back after 2 weeks of shootings!!

Comment

That's what my dad told me he was still on the dept as was my older brother. But he also said you know what to expect no gratitude ,low pay, odd hours, hard family life,so are you sure you want to do this?

Comment

I wonder if the guard got hit, he stumbles back and then proceeds forward. There is a small spot on the floor were he was( may be blood)that is not there when it began. Plus he walks a little funny when he goes toward the door after its done. But **** he didn't mess around, he is a hero in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X