Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
    Just cancel order and buy from Jason

You won't be disappointed as he tells it like it is and is good to his word AND A TBH SPONSOR
    Thank you so much!

But I'd feel terrible if OP has them a month before me. I don't like to write checks my rear can't cash, if you know what I mean.

- Jason

Comment

Flir PTS233 | Best Hog Bang Flop and Flip

This is my favorite thermal hog kill so far. I've seen alot of ya'lls videos making these hogs flip and stuff... well I finally made a hog do a flip. Believe it or not, it was with a 223.. haha. Two hog headshots in 6 seconds..

https://youtu.be/9yX29PvKhtk

Comment

“A bacon pancake and a bang flop with a flip”. Man the commentators at the Olympics can’t come up with descriptions any better than that!

I give both the bacon pancake and the bang flop with a flip a score of 10!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          I sell Trijicon, Pulsar and FLIR so I'll throw in my un-requested 2 cents.

I find this humorous because I cannot tell you how many Pulsar Trail XP38 and XP50's I've sold to current Trijicon owners. Seriously, the percentage I've sold that already own Trijicon is crazy. And to be clear, no one, including me or them is saying the Pulsars have better or even equal image quality, but over and over I ask these guys, "Ok tell me why you are buying a $5,000 Pulsar when you already have a Trijicon?" The answer is always the same. They've used one or seen one that a buddy has and they say something like, "Ya the image isn't as good as my MKIII but dang, it's $4,000 less and it has internal video recording, a rechargeable battery pack and I love that picture in picture and the image quality is still awesome." I hear comments like that over and over. Seriously, for the last 3+ months I've spent close to 7 hours a day on the phone with guys looking to buy thermal, I talk to a crazy amount of guys every week, my sample size is large.

So again, I'll never say these current Pulsars have an image quality as good as the Trijicons, that would be ridiculous. But for a Pulsar rep (whatever that means exactly) to say the Pulsars are junk, even compared to a $9,000 MKIII is laughable. I haven't found a single Trijicon owner who has said the Pulsar 640's are junk. I'm sure I can find one but that's an unreasonable and laughable comment.

- Jason
          Well junk is not the right word. It is not throw away junk haha.

But the image quality is not the same in most situations. The quality is also not the same as far as the customer service and quality of the scope/materials.

Pulsar does have them beat on Video/Battery pack....but after awhile you get used to that stuff. At least I do and did, and will take image quality over those 2 items. As I would rather have better image in the field then on the computer looking at a video after the hunt

With thermal as you I am sure know, you get what you pay for

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
            What shooting sticks does everyone recommend when they are stalking?
            I used a primos trigger stick bipod and tripod. alot of buddies used the Reaper Rest with SLIK tripod. I was hesitant as I thought it can't be that much better.

I WAS WRONG!!! My shots on groups running improved immediately and I killed more pigs.

The SLIK tripod and REAPER rest for $400 can't be beat and if you are serious about pig hunting you need it. That is why most of the big time hog hunters and companies use them.

Yes it is heavier, but once you spot pigs from the truck or whatever, you kind of forget about the weight as you are sneaking up.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Well junk is not the right word. It is not throw away junk haha.

But the image quality is not the same in most situations. The quality is also not the same as far as the customer service and quality of the scope/materials.

Pulsar does have them beat on Video/Battery pack....but after awhile you get used to that stuff. At least I do and did, and will take image quality over those 2 items. As I would rather have better image in the field then on the computer looking at a video after the hunt

With thermal as you I am sure know, you get what you pay for

Ya junk is a strong word.lol

Yep and as I stated, I will not stand here and say the XP50 and the REAP are equal. No way! But I'll say that the XP50 can at least come up beside it and hold it's own in the area of image quality and not be laughed out of town. And again, we've got to consider that we are talking about scopes that are thousands of dollars more than the XP's, in some cases 2x as much more.

And to be clear, I've got nothing against the Trijicons and I gladly sell them. They are amazing scopes and if someone has the budget for it and wants the very best thermal image quality on the consumer market, there is no question the answer is Trijicon.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                Ya junk is a strong word.lol

Yep and as I stated, I will not stand here and say the XP50 and the REAP are equal. No way! But I'll say that the XP50 can at least come up beside it and hold it's own in the area of image quality and not be laughed out of town. And again, we've got to consider that we are talking about scopes that are thousands of dollars more than the XP's, in some cases 2x as much more.

And to be clear, I've got nothing against the Trijicons and I gladly sell them. They are amazing scopes and if someone has the budget for it and wants the very best thermal image quality on the consumer market, there is no question the answer is Trijicon.
                Very well said. For the price point of $4999 yes it is hands down the top in that price market.

I got my reap for a little over $6400 out the door so I can't complain. before the $500 price jump

Comment

Very well said. For the price point of $4999 yes it is hands down the top in that price market.

I got my reap for a little over $6400 out the door so I can't complain. before the $500 price jump
                  Absolutely. That's a great price and it looks much more tempting when you are already considering spending $5k on an XP50. The REAP is now $7,999, so it's a $3,000 jump from the XP50. It makes the decision a little harder for a lot of people.

Comment

The quality is also not the same as far as the customer service and quality of the scope/materials.
                    Lololol go home Hudec, you're drunk. Pulsar's CS is hands-down the best in the business.

And as to quality of scope, I'll just remind you what happened to your Reap:

anyone contacted TRIJICON? I have white spots on my REAP and they won't go away. I emailed them twice in a week. No word back. Scope is 6 months old

Comment

Just put a photon rt on order. Would like to pick up a nv or cheap thermal monocular for scanning. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

check out the ATN BinoX. They are day night HD digital Binoculars. I have a pair and love them. Actually use them more than my regular binoculars during the day because I can record what I am seeing.
                        They are no as clear a regular glass during the day but in my opinion the features off set that. Also they are amazing at dusk that last 30 minutes of legal shooting light.

I will try to find some video I have take using them and post later today

At night I can scan out to 300+ yards easily.

If you are hunting with a buddy and either one of you are scanning it is a quick acquisition for the shooter as the IR on the Binox is bright and easy to see through an NV scope.

Shop around and You can find them for less than retail.

The biggest con is they use CR123 batteries and it can go through them fast.

https://www.atncorp.com/atn-bino-x-hd-4x-super

Comment

Bought a pulsar rxq30v a while back and it’s been amazing. Only problem I having with using thermal is judging distance out past 200yds, other than that the clarity and image is outstanding.

Comment

TTUBUDD, you got me thinking I need another scanning tool. I was reading on another forum about the Sightmark Ranger XR 6.5x40 Digital night scanning monocular. Seems to have good reviews. I was looking around and found it on Amazon for $136. I could not resist and ordered one. It should be here Tuesday. Once i get it I will let you know how it works.

http://a.co/7V9Eu2B

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter74 View Post
                              TTUBUDD, you got me thinking I need another scanning tool. I was reading on another forum about the Sightmark Ranger XR 6.5x40 Digital night scanning monocular. Seems to have good reviews. I was looking around and found it on Amazon for $136. I could not resist and ordered one. It should be here Tuesday. Once i get it I will let you know how it works.

http://a.co/7V9Eu2B

Let me know how it works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Newbie here.

What entry level night vision scope, with day capabilities a huge plus what is suggested?

Looking at Photon XT and ATN X-Sight currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X