Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #551
DNTRanch
Ten Point

Hunt In: Runnels County

I stopped watching when he threw out an F Bomb after a bad chip. What a great Role Module
DNTRanch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 10:30 AM   #552
Gclyde28
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNTRanch View Post
I stopped watching when he threw out an F Bomb after a bad chip. What a great Role Module
If I hit the wrong button on my calculator and cost myself a $100,000+ I would prob be cussing pretty good too.

I would bet 99% of athletes cuss up and down their respective field, court, course when they screw up. I'm not going to judge Tiger differently that Rory or Jordan just because he has a controversial history.
Gclyde28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 10:40 AM   #553
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Quote:
I heard that too but I also heard about 2 dozen F-bombs and many other words in the last 3 tourneys. Yesterday, there was about a half dozen obscenities caught on camera.

Justin Thomas' F bomb a few weeks ago when he holed it from the fairway was the best one yet this year. Saw a highlight replay yesterday during the final round and they edited it to 'heck yea' instead of 'fork yea'. had to replay it like 10 times so I could laugh
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 10:58 AM   #554
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

LMAO......obviously many have never been around tournament players or even elite athletes! These guys are incredibly competitive........even playing SODUKU! I wish they would do better also, but that is not a pre-cursor to determine they are heathens......lol! Tigers dad was a Lt Colonel in the ARMY.......I am sure he is capable of far worse!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #555
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water

Dang bro, it's just wrong, no way you can justify it. You used the word "judge" in your post, how apropos. If your child misses a pitch and drops an F bomb are you going to say, Oh well, 99% of athletes do it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gclyde28 View Post
If I hit the wrong button on my calculator and cost myself a $100,000+ I would prob be cussing pretty good too.

I would bet 99% of athletes cuss up and down their respective field, court, course when they screw up. I'm not going to judge Tiger differently that Rory or Jordan just because he has a controversial history.
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #556
HC Sniper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher county

The only problem I have with the "Tiger Show" is he gets more coverage than the guys who are winning or are even in contention most times. I want to see the shots being made by the guys who are playing well that week, regardless of who it is. Paul Casey should have been given more coverage than Tiger but i had to listen to the "Tiger Show" all day and even after the tournament. If he is playing well or hits a great shot then show and talk about him, otherwise forget him just like all the rest who don't have it that week.
HC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 11:33 AM   #557
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC Sniper View Post
The only problem I have with the "Tiger Show" is he gets more coverage than the guys who are winning or are even in contention most times. I want to see the shots being made by the guys who are playing well that week, regardless of who it is. Paul Casey should have been given more coverage than Tiger but i had to listen to the "Tiger Show" all day and even after the tournament. If he is playing well or hits a great shot then show and talk about him, otherwise forget him just like all the rest who don't have it that week.
Your exactly right.
I dont mind watching him when he is playing good but a couple years ago they were showing his every shot and he was missing the cut and could not make a 10 foot chip shot look good.
Show the players that are playing good, the good shots from the rest of the field and dont mention tiger in every sentence.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #558
ROBINHOOD11
Ten Point

Hunt In: Collin Co, Denton Co, Grayson Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Your exactly right.
I dont mind watching him when he is playing good but a couple years ago they were showing his every shot and he was missing the cut and could not make a 10 foot chip shot look good.
Show the players that are playing good, the good shots from the rest of the field and dont mention tiger in every sentence.
Those other players don't make the ratings go up 180% from the previous year. It is what it is, people who don't play or watch golf tune in to see what he's doing. Good or bad.
ROBINHOOD11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #559
17ncs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
Dang bro, it's just wrong, no way you can justify it. You used the word "judge" in your post, how apropos. If your child misses a pitch and drops an F bomb are you going to say, Oh well, 99% of athletes do it...
That's it, "it's just wrong".

I admit I'm not a fan for several reasons. I am glad I no longer have the bet I had with a good friend. I took par against TW in every Major from the Summer of the 8 iron until last year. In its time it was a moneymaker. Also that he would not break Jack's record by 2015 or 2016.
I still don't believe he will win another Major.
17ncs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #560
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
That's it, "it's just wrong".

I admit I'm not a fan for several reasons. I am glad I no longer have the bet I had with a good friend. I took par against TW in every Major from the Summer of the 8 iron until last year. In its time it was a moneymaker. Also that he would not break Jack's record by 2015 or 2016.
I still don't believe he will win another Major.
Many years ago someone ask Lee Trevino if Tiger would break Jacks record. Lee said something like No way! His swing is way to violent and he won't hold up physically.

He won't win another major because he is mentally and physically weaker now.
Golf takes way more than it gives.

I was told a long time ago while I was coaching football, by an old old football coach.

The mental is to physical as 3 is to 1.

After coaching golf for a long time I think golf is like 10 is to 1!!!!!
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #561
tpcollins
Eight Point

Hunt In: Local

I enjoy watching Tiger, and it seems so does most of the golfing public. He still has the largest crowds following him around the course. TV advertisers like him because he pulls in a larger viewing audience.

I hope he wins 5 more majors.
tpcollins is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #562
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

I think he is close to winning a tournament and maybe a major whether peeps like it or not. If he can stay healthy hie mental edge will come back and he can certainly pull of a win or a few IMHO
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:27 PM   #563
johnpaul
Ten Point

Hunt In: Winnie, Beaumont, La Belle

Quote:
Surely this is a joke... Let he who has never dropped an F bomb cast the first stone...

Last edited by johnpaul; 03-19-2018 at 12:38 PM.
johnpaul is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #564
Roy D Mercer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coryell and Rusk County

I was not sure if Tiger would ever make it back to a competitive level. When he attempted earlier comebacks his body and mental state looked totally broken down to the point i thought he was done. Now he looks very comfortable with his entire bag. IF his back holds up Tiger will most likely win another major but he will not catch Jack. That you can take to the bank.
Roy D Mercer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #565
johnpaul
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
I think he is close to winning a tournament and maybe a major whether peeps like it or not. If he can stay healthy hie mental edge will come back and he can certainly pull of a win or a few IMHO
I don't know how some on here think he won't win another major. We are talking about a guy who just made his comeback to golf after battling injuries off and on for over 3 years and he finished Top 5 on the PGA Tour in back to back weeks ... There are a lot of pros who won't have 2 Top 5 finishes in their career! I used to not be a big Tiger fan but I love a good comeback story and like watching him succeed now.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #566
Fordnandez
Eight Point

Hunt In: Junction, TX

I think it is good for the sport when he does well. I am indifferent about him, obviously he is a great golfer. It would be a cool story having arguably the best golfer ever fall apart so quickly, everyone thinking he would never come back to be successful only to get right back at the top again. It could be one of those never give up for a good reminder/teaching opportunity for us all.

I do have a hard time overlooking all the knuckle headed things he has done in the past though. Also you read some stuff or hear in interviews with people that know him and they say that he makes his friends or caddie pick up the bill for meals/drinks and things of that nature. Guy has made hundreds of millions of dollars and not only does he not pick up the tab but he makes the people he is with pay for his.
Fordnandez is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #567
johnpaul
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
I was not sure if Tiger would ever make it back to a competitive level. When he attempted earlier comebacks his body and mental state looked totally broken down to the point i thought he was done. Now he looks very comfortable with his entire bag. IF his back holds up Tiger will most likely win another major but he will not catch Jack. That you can take to the bank.
If he could ever figure out how to hit a driver he'd easily catch Jack. I can't even fathom how someone can be a professional golfer and hit a driver as bad as he does.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #568
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Tiger drives the bus.....
Ratings have exploded over the last month....CBS, NBC are drooling all over themselves because he is back...look at the crowds following him.

I wish him well, and hope he is there on Sunday at Augusta....my favorite sporting event of the year and if he is close or in the lead its gonna be fun again.

I love the way DJ plays golf, but the man looks like he couldn't care in the least....

P.S. I don't understand how Tiger can have that much talent and cant come close to a fairway with the heavy lumber....baffling
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #569
johnpaul
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnandez View Post
I think it is good for the sport when he does well. I am indifferent about him, obviously he is a great golfer. It would be a cool story having arguably the best golfer ever fall apart so quickly, everyone thinking he would never come back to be successful only to get right back at the top again. It could be one of those never give up for a good reminder/teaching opportunity for us all.

I do have a hard time overlooking all the knuckle headed things he has done in the past though. Also you read some stuff or hear in interviews with people that know him and they say that he makes his friends or caddie pick up the bill for meals/drinks and things of that nature. Guy has made hundreds of millions of dollars and not only does he not pick up the tab but he makes the people he is with pay for his.
LOL! Where have you heard or read that?
Old 03-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #570
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
Those other players don't make the ratings go up 180% from the previous year. It is what it is, people who don't play or watch golf tune in to see what he's doing. Good or bad.
That has nothing to do with the commentary of the event.
When he sucks or not even in the field those of us who watch weekly for years do care to hear about him. And neither do the people tuning in to see him.
When he is in the field and doing good.....show him.
When he is at home or 6 over par....dont.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #571
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Choctaw Co. OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpaul View Post
I don't know how some on here think he won't win another major. We are talking about a guy who just made his comeback to golf after battling injuries off and on for over 3 years and he finished Top 5 on the PGA Tour in back to back weeks ... There are a lot of pros who won't have 2 Top 5 finishes in their career! I used to not be a big Tiger fan but I love a good comeback story and like watching him succeed now.
Agreed! Him finishing top 5 in back to back weeks makes him a HUGE threat going into The Masters in a couple of weeks.
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #572
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

I don't ever want to see Rory Mcilroy on my TV again unless he is melting down, or getting his *** whipped, or falling into a creek....and I never want to hear him speak again. Screw that little pissant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #573
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
MONEY.........that is the bottom line for the PGA..........and obviously the mass majority of the viewing public is loving it!!!
Quote:
..........and this is exactly correct.
It is patently obvious many don't realize there are PRO's that NEVER win a major tournament, but not even a TOP rated tournament. These guys are making one heckuva living by the way and NEVER reach the status of the icons of this sport. The tag line, "these guys are good"..........is really true and the ones that are the ICONS are off the charts GREAT!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #574
Fordnandez
Eight Point

Quote:
LOL! Where have you heard or read that?
See the links below. This is from one of his old swing coaches and another golfer. I recall reading/hearing something almost identical from one of his former caddies.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...an-in-new.html

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/pro-...or-being-cheap
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #575
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I don't ever want to see Rory Mcilroy on my TV again unless he is melting down, or getting his *** whipped, or falling into a creek....and I never want to hear him speak again. Screw that little pissant.

what did I miss?
Old 03-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #576
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Default Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

He's just an obnoxious little peckerhead.

He had a perm for gods sake...

Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-19-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:53 PM   #577
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Quote:

I agree..

But **** he can sure golf....

I did see where he said that alcohol sales should be limited at tournaments....

That wont ever happen

I used to loathe Sergio...now I kinda root for him a little bit, since he calmed down
Old 03-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #578
johnpaul
Ten Point

Quote:

LMAO! I've never been a fan of Rory.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #579
MisterB
Six Point

Everybody has an opinion. Just so happens, if Tiger is playing, I will watch on TV. I hope he makes a comback for the sports sake.
MisterB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #580
Roy D Mercer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coryell and Rusk County

Quote:

Yep lost his old perm and his European teeth. lmao
Roy D Mercer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 01:11 PM   #581
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

I did see where he said that alcohol sales should be limited at tournaments....

He's even a ****ty Irishman…

He reminds me of these **** Kalifornians who move to Texas because Kalifornia is a ****hole, then want to vote make Texas more like Kalifornia...

Old 03-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #582
Gclyde28
Six Point

Quote:
As a former athlete, yes I would understand if my adult child droped the F bomb after screwing up. No, I probably wouldn't say "oh well" because I would probably be saying something similar to what was coming out of their mouth. When you are in the moment you don't hear or recognize there is a crowd of people/fans around you. And if you do realize they are all there, things probably aren't going very well for you that day because you aren't truly zoned in on your task at hand.

There are a few athletes that can interact with the crowd and then stop and zone in and focus like Mickelson does but they are the minority.
Gclyde28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #583
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia

Quote:
Could not agree more. He was 1 shot off the lead with 4-5 holes to go yesterday. Rory went nuts and the rest is history. Could of been a totally different story if Tigers put goes in and ties the lead.

IF he can play 12 majors over the next 3 years, I would think he wins at least 1. Top 5s are going to lead to wins. The guy is still probably the toughest mentally on tour.......that doesn't go away.
TildenHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #584
ROBINHOOD11
Ten Point

Hunt In: Collin Co, Denton Co, Grayson Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
That has nothing to do with the commentary of the event.
When he sucks or not even in the field those of us who watch weekly for years do care to hear about him. And neither do the people tuning in to see him.
When he is in the field and doing good.....show him.
When he is at home or 6 over par....dont.
It has everything to do with it, ratings are all that matter and good or bad he puts butts in seats.
ROBINHOOD11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #585
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

I hope no more of you ever have to hear me play golf than already have…

Old 03-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #586
silentstalker92
Six Point

Hunt In: votaw

Id like to see more players like Happy Gilmore
silentstalker92 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #587
17ncs
Pope & Young

There is a $100 Ragin Blaze bounty available for someone posting a photo of themselves in Rory's gallery at the Dell Match Play holding a Dale Moser Fathead
Old 03-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #588
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Quote:
There is a $100 Ragin Blaze bounty available for someone posting a photo of themselves in Rory's gallery at the Dell Match Play holding a Dale Moser Fathead

Where will this be? If I can swing it (location wise) I’m game

Sierracharlie out…
sierracharlie338 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #589
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

And they have made jokes about it on XM golf radio, pretty common knowledge among most of them I guess. Even heard JT make a comment about it after he won earlier this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnandez View Post
See the links below. This is from one of his old swing coaches and another golfer. I recall reading/hearing something almost identical from one of his former caddies.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...an-in-new.html

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/pro-...or-being-cheap
Old 03-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #590
17ncs
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
Where will this be? If I can swing it (location wise) I’m game

Sierracharlie out…
Somewhere in Austin. You need to make the TBH Open this year.

Quote:
And they have made jokes about it on XM golf radio, pretty common knowledge among most of them I guess. Even heard JT make a comment about it after he won earlier this year.
I heard this at the craps table at MGM in LV from pit guys.
We are expecting you at the TBH Open too.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #591
Fordnandez
Eight Point

Quote:
Glad someone else has heard about this....... I was starting to question myself if I had made the whole thing up lol.

I can understand him or any wealthy person not picking up the tab for anything and everything and I am sure people expecting them to do so gets really old really quick. However I think it is ridiculous that he makes other people pick up HIS tab when he makes 10,000 times the amount of money than the guy he is asking to pick up the tab. Crazy to me.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #592
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Quote:
Just bought a Diablo Octane 3 wood for the occasion.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #593
17ncs
Pope & Young

Quote:
Just bought a Diablo Octane 3 wood for the occasion.
That sounds illegal
Old 03-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #594
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Quote:
Somewhere in Austin. You need to make the TBH Open this year.

I heard this at the craps table at MGM in LV from pit guys.

I fully plan on attending. I just missed out last year unfortunately.

Sierracharlie out…
sierracharlie338 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #595
zztex
Pope & Young

Never mind

Last edited by zztex; 03-20-2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: ...
zztex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #596
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Default Bridgestone & Nike

Watching the golf channel this morning and Bridgestone reported that their golf ball sales have doubled this year. Every time they show Tiger about to putt and that B is showing, their stock goes up. They also report an internet viewer increase on all their products across the board. And get this, Nike reported that sales of the Tiger Wood cap he wears has gone up 800%.
That being said, with Tiger out of the field, I wonder what the announcers are going to talk about this week. Oh Yea, Tiger.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Trickle down economics I tell ya!!! (-;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #597
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Arnie’s tourney up 136% in viewership from last year because of tiger
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2018, 09:39 AM   #598
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Hunt In: DCNF, SHNF, CROCKETT

I believe he still has some great left in him and will win another major. I am rooting for him : )
UrbanBuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #599
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
You are a sick....sick, man.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #600
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Hell, I'd pay $100 just to see a Dale Moser Fathead.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top