Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #51
ShaBow
Ten Point

Hunt In: A Tree

The difference for me is they will all get you 300,000+miles but how many little BS problems you have out of them along the way. In my experiences with Fords, Chevys, and Toyota. The Toyota Tundra wins in reliability hands down all day long! And as far as MPG my Tundra gets as good as any comparable V8 I ever owned in Ford or Chevy!
ShaBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #52
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbd10pt View Post
Be honest- how many transmissions did you by
Actually ZERO. Front ends maybe.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #53
Mohawkman
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX, NM, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
iíd buy a 2015 chevy with the 6.2l & 8 speed auto and get the 6.5í bed. Itís what a tundra wants to be when it grows up.

if this is going to be your last truck resale shouldnít be a concern. If the tundra holds value better than the chevy then you should be able to save money buying the chevy too.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
this :d
Mohawkman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #54
TheHammer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co, Panola Co, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaBow View Post
The difference for me is they will all get you 300,000+miles but how many little BS problems you have out of them along the way. In my experiences with Fords, Chevys, and Toyota. The Toyota Tundra wins in reliability hands down all day long! And as far as MPG my Tundra gets as good as any comparable V8 I ever owned in Ford or Chevy!
This was not my experience. My 17 Chevy gets 18-22 MPG 5.3.... Toyota might get 14 on a good day.
TheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #55
Azzy
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mountain Home, Tx

I had a 2014 Tundra and loved it. I think they will go longer than a Ford or gmc and the resell value is way better than gmc or Ford.

The only reason I'm not going into another Tundra would be to not have a car note. My dad is letting me have his 2016 f-250 king ranch for $34k. It's either have a truck that's paid off or put down $27k and have another 20k financed.

My only issue with the tundra was bed size, 5.5 is small *** bed, oh, and gas. I averaged 14 mpg
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #56
quarterback
Pope & Young

I bought a new '08 Tundra which my son now owns and drives to college. It has 275,000 miles and has rarely given us any grief. Bought a new '16 Tundra about 1 1/2 years ago and it is by far the best truck I've ever owned. Both are better than anything I've ever driven by a long shot. I got the big gas tank on the '16. Both have the 5.7 V8.

Get the Tundra Kuma. You won't regret it. Just be careful not to get a used vehicle that may have been under water from the hurricanes we had.

Last edited by quarterback; 02-11-2018 at 01:43 PM.
quarterback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #57
Walker
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
This was not my experience. My 17 Chevy gets 18-22 MPG 5.3.... Toyota might get 14 on a good day.
My 16 sr5 double cab gets a little better than 16 on a good day, a bad day, and every day.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #58
TheHammer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co, Panola Co, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
My 16 sr5 double cab gets a little better than 16 on a good day, a bad day, and every day.
Does it stay above 10 when you pull something with a little weight?
TheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #59
kingranch
Ten Point

I got 18500 on my tundra that had 140k miles on it a few weeks ago
Resale is ridiculous but I can see why, it ran better than I could have hoped till the day I sold it
New trd tundra now and if u can get past the mileage bs then you won't be disappointed in the torque when u need to tow anything
I am and always have been a die hard chevy guy, but I just know from personal experience driving and towing alot that it's not even a question for me what I would go with
Good luck

Last edited by kingranch; 02-11-2018 at 01:49 PM.
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #60
kingranch
Ten Point

Avg 15ish but if I go 60-65 I get closer to 18- but who drives that slow anymore
Tow a trailer and u will get 10 if lucky
Attached Images

kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 04:48 PM   #61
kumathebear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere and when I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterback View Post
I bought a new '08 Tundra which my son now owns and drives to college. It has 275,000 miles and has rarely given us any grief. Bought a new '16 Tundra about 1 1/2 years ago and it is by far the best truck I've ever owned. Both are better than anything I've ever driven by a long shot. I got the big gas tank on the '16. Both have the 5.7 V8.

Get the Tundra Kuma. You won't regret it. Just be careful not to get a used vehicle that may have been under water from the hurricanes we had.
I've had a Tundra years past and it is powerful, no doubt. Just from net searches, the Chev's, used, seem to be a little higher with comparable used Tundra's. I know...used vs new, but the longest drives I take anymore are to the lease and back, lol, ahh...retirement.

I've checked the value from several sources on my King Ranch and trade in averages around $24-25K. Looking for cash difference that works for us in the trade. Oh well.....not willing to worry about the next repair bill anymore.
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #62
-HIC-
Eight Point

Hunt In: Willow City & Junction

I am not sure who mentioned it in another thread. I switched to 93 octane on my 6.2 and picked up over 2 mpg at 75-80. My truck averages around 17 at those speeds on the way to the lease. It is typically fairly heavily loaded on those trips but no trailer.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #63
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

We have a small fleet of '15-'16 Chevy Suburbans and Silverados (5 total).

HORRIBLE reliability. We have placed 2 complete brake systems, 2 transmissions, 2 fuel injector systems, 1 transfer case, one rear differential, and have numerous interior issues (molding falling off, ceiling coming down, back of front seat coming off). I just noticed in the last few days the lifters on mine is really starting to make some clacking noise and the brakes are starting to have issues again. I'm not going to do anything with it seeing it is going away in 30 days. These are just the issues I can think of off the top of my head. Keep in mind, we only keep vehicle 3 years or 65K miles (which ever is first), so these vehicle never get any age on them. These are all bought direct from GM, don't go thru a dealer.

Needless to say, we have left GM for greener pastures.

Last edited by Greenheadless; 02-11-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #64
-HIC-
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
We have a small fleet of '15-'16 Chevy Suburbans and Silverados (5 total).

HORRIBLE reliability. We have placed 2 complete brake systems, 2 transmissions, 2 fuel injector systems, 1 transfer case, one rear differential, and have numerous interior issues (molding falling off, ceiling coming down, back of front seat coming off). I just noticed in the last few days the lifters on mine is really starting to make some clacking noise and the brakes are starting to have issues again. I'm not going to do anything with it seeing it is going away in 30 days. These are just the issues I can think of off the top of my head. Keep in mind, we only keep vehicle 3 years or 65K miles (which ever is first), so these vehicle never get any age on them. These are all bought direct from GM, don't go thru a dealer.

Needless to say, we have left GM for greener pastures.
My cousin has the same size fleet, his guys do HVAC. He will only buy GM. I don't really take what happens to fleets into account. I think some of those guys try to break stuff to hang out at the shop.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:21 PM   #65
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co. TX, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
Had a tundra, and went to a 3/4 ton Chevy. My main complaints were parts price and bed size on the tundra. I think Chevy has more comfortable seats, but I miss the crew max cab space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to add my FIL experience. He has a 2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax with about 162K on it. By no means has it been babied. He has gone through normal wear items (brake pads, battery, etc.), but nothing major. His door handles stick from time to time, and the passenger side power window occasionally wonít roll up without slamming the door hard. I did notice the chrome on his grill is beginning to bubble in a few places. He has been happy with it for the most part, but says he wonít buy another one. He came from 20+ years of driving a Chevy.

SoTXAg06 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #66
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HIC- View Post
My cousin has the same size fleet, his guys do HVAC. He will only buy GM. I don't really take what happens to fleets into account. I think some of those guys try to break stuff to hang out at the shop.

These are all driven by either company executives or directors. They do not abuse their vehicles.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:39 PM   #67
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Another tundra guy here. No questions asked. I got a demo’d 2016 with 6700 miles in late 2016 for 36k. And I’ve been offered that for the truck with almost 45k miles on it now a year and a half later. Reliability is what makes toyota stand out. Mileage sucks but I don’t buy trucks based on gas mileage. It pulls a 24’ el pescador with ease and stays around 11-12 when doing so. It averages about 14mpg with everyday city driving in traffic and such. Never personally owned a GM vehicle and never will. Have driven several chevys for work and each one had more problems than I could remember.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #68
-HIC-
Eight Point

Quote:
These are all driven by either company executives or directors. They do not abuse their vehicles.
Man, I know several company execs that do not care about their lease or company provided vehicle. In fact, execs are typically the only ones that do not get gps imposed speeds or warnings. They also do not care about any maintenance unless imposed by company policy that they set. Your company may be the exception.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #69
-HIC-
Eight Point

Quote:
Are you guys moving over to Toyota?

Old 02-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #70
bbqfan5909
Ten Point

15’ tundra crew max with 142k, only complaint is fuel tank size. Will be disappointed if I don’t get 300k before something major. I’ll pay the extra coin at the pump for the reliability.
bbqfan5909 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 10:03 PM   #71
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Quote:
Are you guys moving over to Toyota?

Going back to Chrysler/Fiat.

We are part of a much larger fleet that runs about 2-3K vehicles at any given time.

My experience I stated is just within our direct office group.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:03 PM   #72
-HIC-
Eight Point

Quote:
Going back to Chrysler/Fiat.

We are part of a much larger fleet that runs about 2-3K vehicles at any given time.

My experience I stated is just within our direct office group.
I am at a loss If Chrysler/Fiat gets the nod over GM. Unless all of the fleet is driving and not working. Resale and fuel mileage would kill that for most.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:25 PM   #73
Grulla
Ten Point

Hunt In: Guadalupe River

To bad the tundra looks like a Chevy chit it out ...
Grulla is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 11:33 PM   #74
RGV Hunter
Six Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can go legally

I have a 2010 4x4 Tundra. Aside from regular maintenance, the only thing I have replaced are the tires and battery. It has 220,000 and still has the original drive belt and the transmission fluid has never been changed. The mileage has never been all that great but it runs great. I got my moneys worth out of this truck.
RGV Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 07:29 AM   #75
TX_Hoghunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harper, TX

I know nothing about a tundra but on the GM front. In the family we have a 97 Z71 with 275,000, a 04 3/4 4X4 GMC with 250,000, an 08 equinox with 230,000, a 16 1/2 ton chevy with 50,000, and a 17 3/4 4X4 GMC with 15,000. Other than rebuilding the transmission in the 97 last year no major issues with any of them. I cannot fuss about the 97 my middle daughter is hard on trucks. She has never seen a race that she did not think she could win...LOL.

-john
TX_Hoghunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 07:56 AM   #76
Boone44
Four Point

Hunt In: DCNF

Don't buy a 14-15' chevy. I'm a chevy guy but I purchased a 14 new, many problems. Problems that I found out many 14's have. Burned oil and a/c compressor getting holes in it. Chevy dealerships cherries 1200$ to repair well known defect. They also have a oil consumption test thst is way in their favor. Got rid of my 14. Very dissapointed. Hopefully the 16's and newer are better. I settled on an 05'.
Boone44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #77
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

If reliability is a factor and you're looking at GM vs. Toyota I'm wondering why you're asking the question.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #78
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Quote:
I am at a loss If Chrysler/Fiat gets the nod over GM. Unless all of the fleet is driving and not working. Resale and fuel mileage would kill that for most.

Have to agree with that. Seems like I hear that Rams have more problems than they used to.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #79
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
Had a tundra, and went to a 3/4 ton Chevy. My main complaints were parts price and bed size on the tundra. I think Chevy has more comfortable seats, but I miss the crew max cab space.

One other thing to add. If Toyota would have offered the extended cab bed on the crew max, I might still have a Toyota, or would maybe consider one when Iím looking for a new truck. Perhaps they will when they get around to doing a actual redesign of the tundra.

I will be curious to see how my FIL tundra does over the year. He likely will have around 190-200K by the end of 2018. Again, those arenít easy miles. We do a lot of driving on dirt/caliche roads and around agricultural fields that are anything but smooth.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #80
woodsbound
Six Point

Hunt In: Erath County

Well I just had to fork out $3400 on a transmission in my 2012 GMC Sierra with only 104K miles, so I might be biased, but I'm gonna say Tundra hands down as well. I personally won't ever buy another GM product after this latest fiasco, $50-75k pickups dang sure outta get more than 100K miles.
woodsbound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #81
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton

I shopped for both and settled on a GMC.

The reasons, fuel mileage was better, the charging plugs don't go dead when you turn the key off, there is actually area underneath the rear seat to store stuff and it is more comfortable overall.
adam_p is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #82
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

I just did a quick search for most dependable trucks. GM has 2 and Ford 1. Toyota 0. Nissan even had one.

Light duty F150.
Heavy Duty Chevy HD
Large SUV Chevy Tahoe
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #83
stinkbelly
Pope & Young

I am amazed with all the people saying Tundra. For me it looks too much like a mini pickup to be a real truck.
stinkbelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #84
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Chevy baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw
mastercraftka is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #85
chongo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sutton County

If you have a Ford and your only real issue is the motor, why not get a 5.0? I've got over 100k miles in the past 3 years between two different trucks, both with the 5.0 and no issues. Mileage isn't horrible and tows well enough for a 1/2 ton truck. But, between the two options given, I'd probably go with the Toyota.
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #86
CaptainDave
Ten Point

The main problem I have with the Tundras is they are in desperate need for an update. I'd say the same for the new Tacos and Camerys as well. Toyota hasn't made any significant updates on the Tundras since like 2007. Did they do anything for 2018?

Not saying the Tundras aren't reliable, but Chevy and Ford both have them beat on MPG. Heck, I think Chevy and Ford also have nicer interiors, options, etc.

Personally, I would find a trusted dealer and purchase whatever you are comfortable with. All these vehicles are reliable. I'd also take reliability claims on the internet with a grain of salt considering how many people (regardless of brand) don't even keep a truck 10 years.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #87
Dirt_Dance
Four Point

Hunt In: Carbon, TX

Traded in my titan with 150k on it for a Chevy Tahoe. Titan was rock solid. Now Iíve had my Chevy Had it in the shop all week with oil pressure warnings. NOW they are telling me I have a significant amount of metal shavings in the oil Pan. WILL NEVER BUY A CHEVY VEHICLE AGAIN! They canít even make it 5 years and 100k. Garbage
Dirt_Dance is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #88
kumathebear
Pope & Young

Took the Ford in to my mechanic this morning. He hooked up his computer, did not retain the code from last Fridays engine light. Truck would still miss when I accelerated. He sat in the front seat and we went for a short drive, short because when he told me to accelerate from normal speed it did the "shutter," engine light came on. Let off on it and engine light went out and back to the shop. Code states #6 cylinder coil. He's also going to probably replace the plug as well. 72K miles and believe me, I take care of my vehicles. Asked him what his verdict was on the Eco engine? He did not trash it but said he has had several customers with the same issue around the same mileage.

Keep in mind...I've had Fords, Chevys and the one Tundra. My last Chevy had transmission problems at under 120K miles as well. So...reading all the comments, still researching and trying to decide what to do. Of course, whatever brand 4x4 is a must.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #89
Notaguide
Four Point

Hunt In: Bosque Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
Another tundra guy here. No questions asked. I got a demoíd 2016 with 6700 miles in late 2016 for 36k. And Iíve been offered that for the truck with almost 45k miles on it now a year and a half later. Reliability is what makes toyota stand out. Mileage sucks but I donít buy trucks based on gas mileage. It pulls a 24í el pescador with ease and stays around 11-12 when doing so. It averages about 14mpg with everyday city driving in traffic and such. Never personally owned a GM vehicle and never will. Have driven several chevys for work and each one had more problems than I could remember.
Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with my '16 averaging 7mpg pulling a 24 Shallowsport which is very similar size and weight? I've tried every possible combination using sport mode 4th gear, 5th gear, with and without tow/haul, etc. This is running the same stretch of Hwy77 to the valley running 70-75mph. I'm sure it could get a lot better if I staid under 65mph and 3000rpm's.
Notaguide is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #90
cookemerkel
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
The main problem I have with the Tundras is they are in desperate need for an update. I'd say the same for the new Tacos and Camerys as well. Toyota hasn't made any significant updates on the Tundras since like 2007. Did they do anything for 2018?

Not saying the Tundras aren't reliable, but Chevy and Ford both have them beat on MPG. Heck, I think Chevy and Ford also have nicer interiors, options, etc.

Personally, I would find a trusted dealer and purchase whatever you are comfortable with. All these vehicles are reliable. I'd also take reliability claims on the internet with a grain of salt considering how many people (regardless of brand) don't even keep a truck 10 years.
I think their motto is don't fix it if it ain't broke. But I do agree, I would like to see them mix it up some. Finding a few more MPG would be a great place to start. We have a Tundra and 4Runner. Tundra obviously drinks it quick but the 4Runner could do better also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Dance View Post
Traded in my titan with 150k on it for a Chevy Tahoe. Titan was rock solid. Now I’ve had my Chevy Had it in the shop all week with oil pressure warnings. NOW they are telling me I have a significant amount of metal shavings in the oil Pan. WILL NEVER BUY A CHEVY VEHICLE AGAIN! They can’t even make it 5 years and 100k. Garbage
We had a 2009 Tahoe. It was purchased new. In the Spring of 2014 we traded it in for the 4Runner. Tahoe was falling apart fast and the repair bills were no longer worth it. While I miss the extra space and some of the features of the Tahoe, the 4Runner will last forever.
cookemerkel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #91
quarterback
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grulla View Post
To bad the tundra looks like a Chevy chit it out ...
Ok then. To each his own.
Attached Images

quarterback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #92
duckmanep
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
What about daytime running lights

Seems like every chevy over 3 years old I meet on the highway has one out.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #93
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
What about daytime running lights

Seems like every chevy over 3 years old I meet on the highway has one out.
They fixed that issue. They started using the same bulbs as the check engine light. Those burn forever
Low Fence is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 01:20 PM   #94
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

I am no help. But I have only ever driven a Chevy...and my last truck will be a chevy or Tundra also. Learning to like the Tundra. Well built and great engines.

Ford never
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #95
silentstalker92
Six Point

Hunt In: votaw

You already know my opinion. Good luck. Let me know what u end up choosing
silentstalker92 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #96
bbqfan5909
Ten Point

Tundras get an update in 2 years.

Most likely make some simple changes to get improved mpg: elect fans, elect power steering, 8 speed trans, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post

bbqfan5909 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #97
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaguide View Post
Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with my '16 averaging 7mpg pulling a 24 Shallowsport which is very similar size and weight? I've tried every possible combination using sport mode 4th gear, 5th gear, with and without tow/haul, etc. This is running the same stretch of Hwy77 to the valley running 70-75mph. I'm sure it could get a lot better if I staid under 65mph and 3000rpm's.
Yea your speed/rpm's may be the issue. I don't pull the boat very far but we usually just cruise around 60-65 with it. I don't change any settings with it unless I'm going thru town, then I'll use the tow/haul.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #98
Roy D Mercer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coryell and Rusk County

1 million mile tundra

https://youtu.be/1HnokrriP_c
Roy D Mercer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #99
kumathebear
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstalker92 View Post
You already know my opinion. Good luck. Let me know what u end up choosing
Hey....thanks.....

Well, just got back from test driving the Tundra's. If I go this route the only model I really liked was the 1794 edition? They are bringing one over from their Weatherford lot tomorrow so who knows?

One of my real estate buddies I used to work with has the exact same model, year, trim and has had no issues. This is the only Tundra I have seen that matches up with my King Ranch both in looks, gadgets, comfort. The others including the Platinum just did not do it for me.

I am going to hit the Chevy/GMS dealer here in the morning just to make sure. It's either the 1794 Tundra or Chevy..none others in consideration. I'll post to the OP what I decide on. Thanks to several for the PM's and advice.
Kuma
Old 02-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #100
cbd10pt
Ten Point

Hunt In: looking for new places

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Very impressive. Maybe I had bad luck with all mine
cbd10pt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top