SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miketex2016 View Post
    Hey y’all new guy to the forum here. Got some questions about hunting SHNF. Not able to get to the private land I normally hunt at this year so I’m thinking about trying public land. This is closest spot to me. I’d be hunting with a rifle. Would I be able to scout from aerial maps find a spot and go sit? Is there even a chance to see anything or are there to many other other rifle hunters shooting like crazy and scaring everything? Is it pretty quiet mid week or are there still lots of hunters out? Like I said never hunted public land so this is new territory for me.
    I highly suggest getting Onx Maps if you are going out there. I have been out a handful of times this year, and it helps for keeping me out of a lot of the private land that surrounds the NF. There is good cell service too, but you can go offline with Onx if you lose service and still know where you are at.

Comment

Man its dead in here

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
        Man its dead in here
        I know, I'll keep posting on here just haven't had anything I thought would be interesting to post. Finished a euro on the big boar that charged me, went with a more natural approach instead of solid white.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

That thing is cool^^^^

Comment

That thing is cool^^^^
            Thanks, was definitely worth the drag haha

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
              I know, I'll keep posting on here just haven't had anything I thought would be interesting to post. Finished a euro on the big boar that charged me, went with a more natural approach instead of solid white.

Good job

Comment

So what happen with Tibirius?

Comment

Thanks, and honestly I'm not sure. Heard people talking about it on the book of faces.

Comment

Thanks, and honestly I'm not sure. Heard people talking about it on the book of faces.

I don't do Facebook guess I'll never know

Comment

I don't do Facebook guess I'll never know
                      I mainly lurk, not a huge fan of posting. So I'm right there with ya.

Comment

Last I saw, someone turned him in to operation game thief. Haven't heard anything after that.
                        I called them before on some guys using an electronic game caller for geese on opening morning. GW called me personally and coordinated with me to catch them called me later and said he did get them. Couple months later, I got a check in the mail from the state.
                        Using an e caller on opening morning of regular season in Nov. Wasn't a good idea. ( I was a duck and good guide back then)
                        Plus I was deer hunting, so it really didn't affect me.
                        I also called them one day when I saw a guy enter one of our fields ( tresspassing) and shoot an egret. He left the bird and was walking out. I got his tags and called OGT. They couldn't find the bird, so they never could prosecute. But they wanted to get him bad.
                        If this guy is breaking the law, then he deserves what he gets. If he is just a bad poster/ explainer of what he is doing, then maybe this will help him.
                        It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. We had another person who posted up a pic of a deer that he claimed he shot in the Sam. There was corn in the picture. I got 5 phone calls from people saying they called the GW. He got a visit and lo and behold, he didn't even shoot the deer. His uncle had shot it in Tilden ( I think). That was an entirely different kind of thing.
                        We've had others call in about people not wearing their orange, also for not tagging a deer.
                        Even had a GW contact a guy who posted a pic of the deer he had shot the previous year that was too small.
                        Never know what might happen around here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by huntinfool; 12-18-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Speaking of corn, wasn't sure what to make of this but I went to an area I squirrel hunt and there was a quartered deer carcass by the gate. Didn't think much of it until I saw the contents of the stomach, which had undigested corn. Only thing is this spot is in the vacinity of private, so no telling if it was baited on public.

Comment

Speaking of corn, wasn't sure what to make of this but I went to an area I squirrel hunt and there was a quartered deer carcass by the gate. Didn't think much of it until I saw the contents of the stomach, which had undigested corn. Only thing is this spot is in the vacinity of private, so no telling if it was baited on public.

I have seen carcasses dumped at gates before but never checked stomach contents. I always assume dumpimg. Who would leave evidence of a kill for the world to see at the gate?

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                              I have seen carcasses dumped at gates before but never checked stomach contents. I always assume dumpimg. Who would leave evidence of a kill for the world to see at the gate?
                              That's what I figured, but I've seen four or five guys do it this season

Comment

Why would anyone drag a whole deer to the gate to quarter and leave the carcass there. Wouldn't it make more sense to quarter it where it dies at? I would assume they are leaving the carcass at the gate, because they are too lazy to drag it away from the gate.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X