Homemade Archery Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Archery Target

I have made a new archery target. I made it out of carpet. I attached the photos of the process.
    1. I cut 11.5 x 30 inch strips (approx. 100 of them) of carpet and stacked them on top of a 2 x 12 30 inches long.
    2. I then placed another 2 x 12 x 30 inches on top and placed ratchet tie downs on top and began ratcheting them down. The carpet was about 38 inches tall before compressing and when completed it was 24 inches tall.
    3. I bolted and placed bracket on the sides of the target attaching another 2 x 12 27 inches long.
    4. Removed the tie downs and cut one piece of carpet for front at 25 in. x 31 inches and screwed it on the frame with the backing of the carpet outside. (to make it easier to paint a dot on. I repeated for backside to be able to shoot both sides.
    5. This target was very heavy with all that carpet, so I attached some wheels off an old air compressor laying around and put on a handle to make tugging this thing around as easy as pulling a wagon.

Boom. Target done. Cost around $15 dollars to build. It took a while to build, but I have seen some other targets made out of carpet last for many years under heavy use. I hope ya'll enjoy. God Bless.
    Attached Files

Sweet. Can u shoot bh's into it?

Comment

I'll bet you can do it once.

Comment

very nice

Comment

Nice build.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
            Sweet. Can u shoot bh's into it?
            i built one a couple years ago and if you do, you only do it once!...fortunately mine has all thread on it and i could take it aprt and get the bh out.

btw....i like yours better!!! great job!

Comment

Originally posted by CRTR_GTR View Post
              i built one a couple years ago and if you do, you only do it once!...fortunately mine has all thread on it and i could take it aprt and get the bh out.

btw....i like yours better!!! great job!
              Yea, guess i wasnt thinking. Ive got stuff lying around to do it.

Comment

We got us a project Sammy!

Comment

Great idea...

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Yea, this is a field tip only type of target. I appreciate all the compliments. God Bless.

Comment

nice...

Comment

Should last a long time. Your grand kids will still be shooting at that .

Comment

That is a dang good Idea.

Hows the backing of that carpet doing to your carbon arrows? Is it too abrassive like sandpaper?

Comment

That is cool

Comment

Working...
                              X