Clickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clickers

Anyone use a clicker. Several years ago I suffered greatly with target panic. It started when I shot a compound and carried over to the recurve. I tried everything to get rid of this and nothing seemed to work until I got a clicker, This little device saved the day for me and I will not shoot without it. I can honestly say that the panic is gone and I can smoothly draw, hold and shoot my 70lb. recurve . For hunting I put moleskin on it to dampen the sound to where I just feel the click at full draw. If anyone else is suffering from this terrible condition you need to try this, I almost quit archery a couple of years ago because of it. I had it so bad I was too embarrased to shoot with anyone, now I have complete confidence in every shot I take.

What a clicker? any pics...

Comment

The one I use is taped to my upper bow limb and a short piece of string is attached to my string, when full draw is reached you will hear and feel a slight click. It works great for releasing too early or snap shooting. I would highly recomend one for anyone having shooting problems. I think alot of shooters have this problem and dont realize it until it gets so bad you dont even get to full draw before you release.Which is what happened to me.Sorry but I cant post any pics yet.

Comment

Clickers are a great training tool. A few years back I would practice during the week with a clicker and then take it off for tournaments and hunting. It really improved my form. Probably ought to give it a try again.

Comment

This tread got me thinking, so I just placed an order at three rivers for a new clicker. Somehow I accidentally placed an order for two instructional shooting videos as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camo Cam.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	23828911

Comment

Yeah , thats the one I got. I used tape to attach it to the upper limb instead of the adhesive back. I also set mine up with the string square with the limb. It really is an amazing training tool. I have to use mine all the time especially with the heavy poundage. It has been the single best accessory I have ever used, and really got me shooting properly again. I recommend one for all stickbow shooters!
            Last edited by muddydog; 05-21-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X