Ticks and fleas..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticks and fleas..................

On hogs and javis. What is a proven method to get rid of them after the harvest? Last yr they were full of em.

I watched a video a while ago where a biologist used Dawn dish washing detergent. Just bathed the javi in it. The gutted etc

Dawn is the best.

Comment

light them on fire

Comment

Ive heard a spray bottle with alcohol works well.

Comment

50/50 vinegar and water mix in a pump up sprayer works and knocks down on the smell as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            50/50 vinegar and water mix in a pump up sprayer works and knocks down on the smell as well.
            Interesting. Just saw a brew that calls for vinegar and Dawn. Everything I have seen states Dawn will not kill ticks though but will kills fleas.

Comment

On feral hogs them are hog lice! Not fleas....swine specific louse. Some areas hogs have none and areas like where I hunt in granger every pig has them! Nasty critters but don't bite humans or take any other animals other than swine as a host

Comment

A bath in rubbing alcohol

Comment

Skinning them!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Skinning them!

Ha! This has always worked well for me, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Skinning them!

Yea but on the javelinas they seem to abandon ship faster then on a hog and will cover you up! The vinegar/water/Dish soap trick works but we used ivory soap. Supposedly ivory uses animal fat in the soap and that’s what clogs the gills on the fleas and ticks. Just hang them, spray them then let them set for a few minutes then rinse.

Won’t kill them all but sure knocks them down to manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X