No announcement yet.

Bow build , napping, shoot etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know anything about building self bows but I can help I will plan to be there this sounds like a lot of fun.

Comment

I will be there

Comment

Count me in if my schedule allows! I would be there to shoot, I would like to build/learn, and I could bring some leather goods!

Comment

I'll cancel everything on my busy schedule to be there!

Comment

Originally posted by McK View Post
            I'll cancel everything on my busy schedule to be there!

Busy schedule !!! HAHaHaHaHa

Comment

Is this going to be a weekend thing or a week long thing?

Comment

Im in...and I'll bring pecan pies.

Comment

That sounds like a great time. I miss seeing my friends.

Comment

I am thinking Friday thru Sunday . With some help on set up a couple days before. We need to find a wood provider for staves.

Comment

Seasoned staves..gonna be alot of fun finding those this quick....ill ask around.
                      Osage would be best with elm and hickory close behind.

Comment

If it's the last weekend before the season starts count me in, I can take a day off and help set up anything on Friday, this sounds too good to miss!

Comment

can't come in October we have hunters booked from opening weekend of archery.

Comment

I'll see if I can talk Glen and Danny into coming with me.

Comment

There's a fellow named Mickey Miller in Dallas who wrote his master's thesis on primitive weapons in north Texas. As part of his research, he built a bunch of bows and went hunting with them. I got to see some of his bows, and he is uber talented. He has Osage bows with all kinds of character and knot holes through them. It was pretty dazzling to behold. Anyway, the last time I talked to him, he had something like 200 Osage staves. We should see if we can get him to come. Here's his paper if anybody is interested:

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                                There's a fellow named Mickey Miller in Dallas who wrote his master's thesis on primitive weapons in north Texas. As part of his research, he built a bunch of bows and went hunting with them. I got to see some of his bows, and he is uber talented. He has Osage bows with all kinds of character and knot holes through them. It was pretty dazzling to behold. Anyway, the last time I talked to him, he had something like 200 Osage staves. We should see if we can get him to come. Here's his paper if anybody is interested:

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/...s_d/thesis.pdf
                                I'm obviously a a newbie. Staves=self bow blanks? I am supposed to be up in Medina this coming weekend. And camp has a plethora of flint for napping I can grab hold of. Unless I read that wrong, then I'll bring a hammock!

Comment

Working...
                                X