black eagle deep impacts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black eagle deep impacts.

my 350 spine black eagle deep impacts have shipped and they should arrive today or tomorrow. i doubt i'll have time to build them before the KAP hunt this weekend but i will post pics and a review next week.

we don't hear a lot about them on tbh but i figured i would give them a try. their product has gotten a lot of positive feedback on at so i have decided to give them a whirl.

who; if anybody, has exp. with these or other black eagle arrows.

The target line of arrows seem ok. Looking forward to a review of them.

Comment

well, my half dozen 350 soine deep impacts arrived yesterday an i have taken them to the shop today for some dimensional checking. t.i.r. on an uncut shaft @ .0019-.0021", well within the posted tol. of .003".

i had to figure the cut length take-off for the ousert to keep my arrow length where i want it and that is done. i will get them cut and built next week. my only concern was the fitment between the outsert and the shaft od, this isn't going to be an issue because they simply fit like a glove.

i'm really intersted to see what the foc jumps to with the addition of the 30 grain outsert. these arrows should finish right arround 425 gr ( the same as my current set-up) but i expect the foc to increase around 2-3%. here is a few picks, these things are just plain small!
      Attached Files

Comment

I looked there site up. Im really like the specs on those carnivores!!! Those outserts are like the old school bemans i shot back in the early 90's. They penetrated like nobodys buisness.

Comment

The old bemans did pack a punch

Comment

firenock has done a lot of work on this outsert. since it was made for this arrow the id vs. od fitment is money. some of the guys using the simliar system on the VAP's had problems with them being too tight or loose. i'm really looking forward to building, shooting and testing this set-up.

but i don't have time right now, getting ready to go to the lease to kap!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
              I looked there site up. Im really like the specs on those carnivores!!! Those outserts are like the old school bemans i shot back in the early 90's. They penetrated like nobodys buisness.
              i was just starting high school in the early 90's!

Comment

review part 1

well i got down to santa fe today and had had the deep impacts cut down and glued the outserts on at the shop. yesterday, i fletched them with fusions and had no issues with that. after letting the glue set-up for about ten minutes i gave them a whirl. the arrow is almost the exact same weight (420 grains) i was previously shooting so i just lined up the 20 yd pin and let the rush eat. the arrows fly well and i shot well despite not really being on top of my game today. my foc went from 10 to 11% from my previous set-up compared to the deep impacts.

despite the outsert they actually pull well from the target despite getting on average 3-4 sometimes 5 more inches of penetration. while this isn't scientific data it was observed from firing 10 of the previously set up beman arrows into the same target.

all in all i am very pleased and look forward to shooting them in the field when it cools off. i attached a few pics for you guys and urge you to give them a try if you are with arrows like ragin' is with broadheads and you like to tinker.

of course the real test will be on a hog, and by judging the game cameras have a great canidate (a legit 350#er) who should be willing to play.....we'll just have to see how that goes!
                Attached Files

Comment

shot them again last nite in the back yard @ 26 yds and was very impressed. if you are in the market for some new arrows i would seriously look at the black eagle line, they offer something for every shooter.

Comment

anyone else shooting these or the rampages? i have been reading all over and seeing nothing but good things about BE, the price is right too.

thanks

Comment

I shoot the deep impacts. Great arrow

Comment

I have been shooting Black Eagle Carnivore's and think they may be the best arrow I have ever shot. Black Eagle does not seem to have much of a following in these parts but they are taking root. Great arrows for the money.

Comment

thanks guys, i will be placing an order soon. have yet to read anything bad about them.

Comment

Yall gonna make me wanna try some

Comment

they really are the best kept secret in the arrow industry.

Comment

Working...
                              X