New camra ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New camra ideas

I'm ready to graduate from the point and shoot camra. Back before digital I had a Pentax super program. Now my go to take everywhere is a Pentax waterproof point and shoot. It takes great pics. But not enough zoom, what body and brand would you guys suggest. Thanks

I just ventured off into the DSLR myself. I have A LOT to learn. I went with the Canon T3i

Comment

Canon and Nikon are typically the best brands preferred by professional photographers. I use a Canon 60D.

Comment

I'd say the best bang for your buck right now is a clean used Canon 7D or a Nikon 7000 - both incredible bodies that will do 99% of what anyone needs.

Then just find lenses that suit your subject.

Advantage of the 7000 Nikon here is that it accepts older manual focus Nikon lenses, which may appeal to you if you shot with the Super Program back in the day.

I have had several Nikon bodies and several Canon bodies, and I prefer the Canon bodies for intuitive controls. Their layout and menus just make more sense to me.

But both are capable of superb images.

A great place to buy used gear is KEH camera out of Atlanta. I've never ever had a bad experience, and always get more than I felt I paid for. And their return policy is superb.

Comment

in the same boat, any more info? i know a lot of people post a lot of nice pics on this site.
          TTT

Comment

You can pick the t3i up right now for under 400 with a lens. Not a great lens but good enough to start learning with. I have the original t1i and have had it since 2010. Still shoots like it's brand new.

Any dslr will shoot great pics......it's all about the lens you have attached to it and picture composition.

Buying used is another option as well. These high end cameras are all built to last.

Comment

Not sure if it's any help but my wife started with the T3i and liked it. Quickly advanced to the 60D and now has the 6D. Sold the 60D on here not too long ago.

Comment

thanks for the info think im settled in on the d5300 looking for a used one but will prob have to go new

Comment

New camra ideas

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                  thanks for the info think im settled in on the d5300 looking for a used one but will prob have to go new

I would jump on this if you want the 5300:

Or if you don't want the extra lens:

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Nikon D D5300 24.2MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Kit w/ AF-S DX 18-55mm VR II Lens) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
                    You can pick the t3i up right now for under 400 with a lens. Not a great lens but good enough to start learning with. I have the original t1i and have had it since 2010. Still shoots like it's brand new.

Any dslr will shoot great pics......it's all about the lens you have attached to it and picture composition.

Buying used is another option as well. These high end cameras are all built to last.
                    Same camera that I have. I have taken over 6000 pictures with it with out a problem. If you watch for sales you can buy a fair lense cheap. I bought a 75 x 300 for less that $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                      You sure ? If you just want incredible photographs, and not video... It's hard to beat a full frame Canon 5D (original). You can get them for $500 in incredible shape all day. The megapixel war is a joke.

That's said, if I could start over from scratch I would probably go Sony. Their A7 line is fantastic.

Comment

I just now saw the replies, I ended up with a Pentax K-50, been happy until today. Just got back from Big Bend and I have some pics with what looks like sun spots. I plan on trying to post on another thread to see if anyone can help me. thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X