Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Trad Bow Rendezvous at Big Oak (II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual Trad Bow Rendezvous at Big Oak (II)

Second Annual TBH Trad Bow Rendezvous
    (Formerly Known as the WARFAB HUNT)

The Place: Big Oak Bowhunting

The Time: noon Friday Feb. 22nd till noon Sun Feb. 24th

The Cost: 100 dollars for hunters, 10 dollars for those who come to shoot contests and want to be in the prize pool, free to others who just want to come hang out and shoot for fun.

Equipment: There are ground blinds, ladder stands, and tree stands in place. You do not need to bring these. This is a traditional bowhunter’s weekend. Only recurves, longbows, and self bows on this particular weekend.

Lodging: First come, first serve on bunks. There is plenty of room for setting up cots or an air mattress in the shop/barn. Everyone will have access to the bathroom, fridge, and other facilities.

Hunting spots are limited to the FIRST 10 HUNTERS who pay the non-refundable $100. Funds received after that will be returned.

How to Pay: Buff’s PayPal is: Mwarfab1@aol.com

Buff’s snail mail is: Marty Thomas
    972 Acorn Trail
    Hallsville TX, 75650-7408

What you get for your $100: Four hunts in the high fence, one pig included. You may shoot any other animals for the trophy fee listed on the Big Oak website. You get to shoot in the 3-D contest and any other novelty shoots we come up with. Prizes of some sort will be given out. Access to Big Oak facilities, meaning a place to sleep, use of the walk in cooler, rides to and from stands, help from Bagley the wonder dog, etc…

Lodging is also available at the marina about 10 minutes away, if you would prefer a little more privacy and would like to pay for a room there.

There are several places to eat within about a 20 minute drive. Last year most folks fixed meals at the ranch. There is a gas grille available.

You may want to bring some blunts or even flu flu’s as am not sure at this time what games we might play.

Animals wounded are considered killed and you have to pay for them even if we don’t find them. We will try very hard to find all animals, but sometimes, as you know, they don’t get recovered.

Alcohol is okay, but we ask that you please use in moderation and do not get carried away and ruin the weekend for others. If this becomes a problem, you will be asked to leave.

The blinds are big enough for two people. If two people hunt together, with one filming or perhaps a parent/child combo, that counts as one hunting spot. They will only be taking up one blind. It takes a little more effort to take the extra people out to the area, but we will work that out.

With this many people on this size of property, we will ask that you stay on stand until we come back. We don’t want anyone trailing and walking up to someone else spoiling their hunt.

Again, with this many people on this size property, the hunting will a bit of a challenge. Meaning lots of disturbance and pressure. Still, we killed a couple of animals last year and I feel confident that we will bag a few this year as well. There are more hogs this year than last.

Please remember this weekend is more about the fellowship than the quality of the hunt in any case.

One more time, the first 10 who pay have a hunting spot. I am not saving spots, keeping lists of maybes, or giving preference to anyone. I think this should be fair and open to anyone who posts up here in our forum. (no offense to our close friends)

I hope that I have covered everything, but if not please ask. We hope this will be as fun as it was last year and an annual tradition. I am the contact point for this hunt, and trying to take some of the burden off Marty.

Mark

I need to check the calendar.

Comment

PAYPAL sent............Oneway is in!

Comment

I'm in. Paypal sent. Thanks for organizing this Mark. This is just what I need to make me work on my shooting. Plus it sounds fun as heck. I need to redeem myself after losing a sika doe there with my recurve.

Comment

I'm in! Money sent by Paypal.

I had a blast at this get-together this past year and can't wait for it to happen again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!

Bisch
          Last edited by Bisch; 10-09-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Sent.. This should be fun

Comment

I need it to be the17th already.

Comment

I'm in!!!

Comment

Thanks again Mark and Marty! This was fun and well organized last year...can't wait!

Comment

Well, if Jimmy sent his money in then we are half full in only 45 minutes!!!!

Can't wait till Feb!

Bisch

Comment

I'm in, funds sent.

Comment

I am in for sure. May be an hour or so before i get back to the office to send the money

Comment

Wow, thanks guys. I really wish we could take everyone.

Don't forget, even if you are not one of the 10 hunters....you could come out and shoot, eat, tell stories, and have a very good time.

Comment

Oh yeah baby. MONEY JUST SENT VIA PAYPAL!!!

Heck of a time last year. Really looking forward to it!

This time I promise not to try and dry my glove out by putting it in the microwave.

Comment

Looks like things worked out, I'm in also!

Comment

Working...
                              X