3-d targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-d targets

Anybody have a hook up on 3-d targets even 2nds? Tring to start a 3-D shoot in Wimberley/ Hays County

Call Pigeon Road Archery(Stephenville). He has the best prices in the state on new targets.

Comment

Call Delta/McKenzie and buy a range from the Paris, TX ASA shoot. Best deal you will find to get you started. Better call soon, the ranges go fast.

Comment

^^^^^ this is how we got started. I bet Paris is probably already sold out, but dont hurt to check.....I had to drive to Mississippi

Comment

We at Collin County bought one of the ranges at Paris a couple of weeks ago, and there was one or two left at that time, so you might get lucky.

Wayne

Comment

Getting a range from an ASA shoot is a great place.

Also, if you have your club ready to go with an ASA #, you can get good pricing directly from McKenzie. You can also do this with Rinehart. They will both send you "club" pricing so you can cut the dealer out. Order direct from the factory.

I mentioned getting your club through ASA...If you haven't, i strongly suggest you do so before any shooting begins. It's easy and insurance is about $300 per year. Awesome organization to be associated with.

if you need any help let me know...I can get you everything to get started

Comment

Originally posted by elkmaster View Post
              Call Delta/McKenzie and buy a range from the Paris, TX ASA shoot. Best deal you will find to get you started. Better call soon, the ranges go fast.
              How much do they run?

Comment

The range we bought 3 years ago was around 3k for 20 targets.

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                  They will both send you "club" pricing so you can cut the dealer out. Order direct from the factory.
                  Pigeon Road can beat the ASA deal . He got special pricing from McKenzie . He was around $1000 cheaper than the best deal we could get from ASA or Mc.Kenzie on our last order. And they are new.

Comment

We just paid $3K for 20 targets and another $500 for a complete set of brand new cores to go in them, $3500 total. These are the new style XT targets with the removable cores. These targets have only been shot on one side, and then only for two or three days at the Pro-Am, so the core that is in them will last a long time, then you can just replace the core with the new one. According to Mr. Hady at McKenzie, who is the person I dealt with, its about $8K worth of targets at club prices.
                    This will be great for us because we badly needed the targets, and the good news is that buying the replacement cores in the future is cheap, most are less than $50 each, so the targets will last a long time.

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by RickyM View Post
                      How much do they run?
                      Used, ASA 3D targets ran in the $3500. range at Paris in 2010. What you'll buy is a 20 target course that was shot at during the weekend of the toruney and, for the most part, are in pretty good shape. The last 2 years, they've used the newer McKenzie insert targets which allows the owner to purchase replacement inserts, which is much cheaper than buying brand new targets. If you go this route, try to stay away from targets used at the practice range because the inserts are completely shot up by Sunday.

Another way to start out is buying older, used targets from local archery clubs. Many clubs announce upcoming shoots on the 'green screen' and sometimes they'll sale or auction off older targets. Maintenance kits and some fresh paint will extend the life of these targets at a price that's more affordable for clubs just starting out. We've done this at Archer's For Christ and saved a lot of money. Drop some of these club members a PM and find out if they're planning on selling wore out targets in the near future.

Comment

I have been on the phone with Delta/McKenzie this morning about ranges. They are going fast, but there are still some available.

The "deal" for 2011 as mentioned above is as follows:

20 targets used during an ASA Pro/Am plus 20 brand new cores for $3500.00. You pick them up at the tournament site.

Paris may have one or two ranges left. They are going quick. West Monroe has several ranges left, but you need to get one or more reserved ASAP.

Call Peggy Luck at Delta Sports Products to buy a ASA Pro/Am range.

800-708-0673

Comment

Originally posted by Gottaeat View Post
                          Used, ASA 3D targets ran in the $3500. range at Paris in 2010. What you'll buy is a 20 target course that was shot at during the weekend of the toruney and, for the most part, are in pretty good shape. The last 2 years, they've used the newer McKenzie insert targets which allows the owner to purchase replacement inserts, which is much cheaper than buying brand new targets. If you go this route, try to stay away from targets used at the practice range because the inserts are completely shot up by Sunday.

Another way to start out is buying older, used targets from local archery clubs. Many clubs announce upcoming shoots on the 'green screen' and sometimes they'll sale or auction off older targets. Maintenance kits and some fresh paint will extend the life of these targets at a price that's more affordable for clubs just starting out. We've done this at Archer's For Christ and saved a lot of money. Drop some of these club members a PM and find out if they're planning on selling wore out targets in the near future.
                          ^^ This

If you are planning to hit Paris or Monroe, make a point to go by George's booth. He sells the best repair kit/material in the business. He also does live, start to finish demos explaining the mixture, repair process and some of the techniques for making a raggedy, old target like new again.

I had several targets that I have repaired at our shoot over the weekend using this method, and while my painting skills maybe lacking, I had several compliments on the quality of the repair itself.

Mixed properly, this foam is as good or better than the replacement cores, easy pull, "self healing", and can take a lot more shots before leaving holes.

A club kit will repair from 10-15 targets, depending on the level of wear and size. Kits run about $500

And I HIGHLY recommend this tool for replacing the scoring rings after.

Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 02-14-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                            Pigeon Road can beat the ASA deal . He got special pricing from McKenzie . He was around $1000 cheaper than the best deal we could get from ASA or Mc.Kenzie on our last order. And they are new.
                            I noticed no-one seemed interested much with PRSR. Alan is not in it for the money, that's why he is so much cheaper, he believes in helping clubs out instead of himself. Just saying, if you wan't to throw money out the window that's your choice. But I would think saving your self or your club a grand would be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X