Canon XLH 1a with external monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon XLH 1a with external monitor?

I'm using a XLH 1a to film other people hunting but its a real pain in the rear to film self hunts because of the lack of a LCD. It just requires too much movement to look through the view finder to frame a shot properly when its time to shoot. By the time I get to draw my bow, after I get him framed up and in focus, the deer has usually moved more than I want. So, I thought about hooking up an external monitor. Anyone have any experience doing this with an XLH 1a?

What I'm most concerned about is:

1. Can I hook it up in such a way to see all the info (like that Record is on! Lol) on the display and how do I make this connection.

2. Is the screen going to work well enough for focusing? I guess this is less of a concern because I could always smash in and use the cheater button and zoom back out. But it would be nice to be able to manipulate the focus while looking at the screen.

Sure could use a little advice. Maybe a suggestion on which monitor??

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
    I'm using a XLH 1a to film other people hunting but its a real pain in the rear to film self hunts because of the lack of a LCD. It just requires too much movement to look through the view finder to frame a shot properly when its time to shoot. By the time I get to draw my bow, after I get him framed up and in focus, the deer has usually moved more than I want. So, I thought about hooking up an external monitor. Anyone have any experience doing this with an XLH 1a?

What I'm most concerned about is:

1. Can I hook it up in such a way to see all the info (like that Record is on! Lol) on the display and how do I make this connection.

2. Is the screen going to work well enough for focusing? I guess this is less of a concern because I could always smash in and use the cheater button and zoom back out. But it would be nice to be able to manipulate the focus while looking at the screen.

Sure could use a little advice. Maybe a suggestion on which monitor??
    Here's the one I am ordering for my sony nx5u. Two of the guys on our show use externals and love them. Check out this link.

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
      X