Freaky Buck, Twighlight and the Ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaky Buck, Twighlight and the Ladies

Finally managed to get some stick time with the new camera with old friends.

Super Freak Side View

Candid

Venado Grande Twighlight

The Eye

Fenceline Female

Marcia & Martha

Holy G2s Batman!

Comment

Man, what do you charge to teach photography??? Great shots again... Thanks for sharing..

Comment

As always Rob great ones. I'd like to hear a little method on the last shot if you don't mind sharing.

Comment

Some more great shots Amigo.......we gotta get together and take some more photo's on the Pedernales.....

Comment

Bill-that last photo looks like he used a spot filter......

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              Bill-that last photo looks like he used a spot filter......
              Lens Baby?

Comment

Comment

Great photos

Comment

Dang! Well done my friend!

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

This time of the year is kind of challenging to find things of color beyond tan or various hues of brown shooting wildlife shots afield. THE EYE is an example of a classic winter time field shot. Leaning on the lack of color throughout the shot.....I made this Doe's eye the center point....the only real color in the entire pic.

I checked out the Lensbaby lens line about a year ago and contemplated. 50mm fixed with manual aperture.... manually replacing plastic rings inside for each F stop change and decided I could lean elsewhere for similar effect. The new COMPOSER certainly looks like a step in the right direction, I might rethink it again now.

To get the Lensbaby type effect here's what I did. I shot this scene near a pretty bright window at f/2.8, leaning on as much BOKEH as I could get, with the girls inside within the softer light. I then aimed my focus point just slightly infront of the girls, both on the edge of BOKEHVILLE...giving them a softer...fuzzy look vs a hard sharp focus point. From there they indeed looked soft but I needed more.....so I leaned on Picasa 3.0 (Google's freeware photo editing download) to do the following steps:

* Converted image into B&W
                      * Used WARMIFY to soften more
                      * Finished with SOFT FOCUS aiming my main focus point on their faces (The Soft Focus) allowing the world around their faces to simply blur further

Lensbaby effect, sort of, without having to drop the coin on a Lensbaby to do so.
                      Last edited by AtTheWall; 12-29-2008, 10:48 PM.

Comment

A few from this evening. Wild Swans have managed to find a winter home here now. They are pretty cautious but tolerate me.

Nice to finally see some color in the winter Hills.....just around the corner before it's time.

The Old Long Beard

With his Younger Side-Kick

Winter Texan

Comment

Great shot on the long beard Rob......

Comment

Nice ATW!

Comment

Very nice again....

Comment

Working...
                              X