No announcement yet.

LIVE - incompetance, insanity, and a major cluster in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now how ironic would that be? Unbelievable!

Comment

Are you kidding me...the $20 bill??

Going Full Blown Stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        And now they're coming for Andrew Jackson .... https://twitter.com/jadelson/status/...955584/video/1

"give 'em an inch" ..... nothing will stop these delusional idiots

I guarantee none of these SJW's and snowflakes know that Andrew Jackson was a POTUS and founder of the Democratic party

This whole movement to remove our confederate history was started by a freakin republican, one i personally respected at the time. Gov. Nikki Haley started eith the removal of the confederate flag after the church shooting.
        that was the inch and we are currently seeing them take that mile

Comment

Wow! the 7th President of the U.S. And defender of NOLA in the Battle of 1812 against the British. And winning that battle. And they are taking him down? That is down right disgraceful!!

Edit: I just read the link you posted Blake. It said "city officials" would not take action on that.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-19-2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Jackson was not part of the civil war. He wasn't even alive when it happened. NOLA should be grateful for his actions. Or there may not have been a U.S. NOLA.

Comment

I understand that it is crazy to try forget history and what both sides were fighting for.

My question is what exactly did General Lee do for the advancement of modern America? I am asking out of ignorance not spite.
              The reason I ask is if he is only known for leading the confederate army then why do so many people idolize him?

Comment

In 1814 we took a little trip....

Thank you Colnel Jackson for kicking some butt against the British invaders in the Battle of New Orleans. Sadly, the snowflakes don't know their history, are ungrateful and undeserving and have set their sights on you now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                  I understand that it is crazy to try forget history and what both sides were fighting for.

My question is what exactly did General Lee do for the advancement of modern America? I am asking out of ignorance not spite.
                  The reason I ask is if he is only known for leading the confederate army then why do so many people idolize him?
                  Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different responses based on their personal beliefs or what they were taught

Best thing to do is research the inet and start be reading his wiki page to get a detailed and thorough understanding of Lee's personal life, military career, and accomplishments. In short, he graduated top of his class from West Point and was a great military leader although somewhat questionable battlefield tactician. Many people don't remember that Lee served 2 yrs in Texas

After reading, formulate your own personal opinion , whether positive or negative of his life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different responses based on their personal beliefs or what they were taught

Best thing to do is research the inet and start be reading his wiki page to get a detailed and thorough understanding of Lee's personal life, military career, and accomplishments. In short, he graduated top of his class from West Point and was a great military leader although somewhat questionable battlefield tactician. Many people don't remember that Lee served 2 yrs in Texas

After reading, formulate your own personal opinion , whether positive or negative of his life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee
                    That makes sense I was just wondering if there were a few key things he did. When I get some free time I'll have to educate myself.

Comment

Interesting topic. Interesting comments and takes. Many have solid validity, many are just hyperbole.
                      For me growing up sitting under these monuments, leaning on them, walking by them, driving by them, and marching by them in Mardi Gras parades it gives me a interesting look at this issue. For one, history is just that.....it wont change. The city, state and other southern states loss the war and New Orleans decided to memorialize those figures when more than half of the city population did not have a say so.....right or wrong that was the decision back then. Fast forward to 2017, right or wrong this Mayor decided to make a decision in that same manner. Touche'.........I guess! As noted previously, white flight (Metarie/Northshore) & some black flight (Kenner/New Orleans East) was historical in the 1980's but many continued to get there livelihood/paychecks from the city and what it drew.........sounds like most cities to me. It is somewhat odd to have a fit about this issue if you have not lived in that city and paid taxes for 30+ years though.......cant have it both ways.
                      Heck lets be clear, the founding of New Orleans was over 150 years before the civil war by the French. Then taken over by the Spanish (jambalaya) and then back to the French before the Louisiana Purchase by Thomas Jefferson. New Orleans was the melting pot looooong before this nation was even formed. Point being, NOLA's history is far older and richer than what the Civil War represented and those various statues. That was a "moment in time" to be recognized, but rest assured having those statues there..........or not having those statues there wont change the daily "outlook/strife/dreams" of anyone living there or even visiting. The Mayor is not my cup of tea nor was his dad, heck his sister was not even a decent Senator. It is all about attention for him and it is apparent as the story is national, which works for his future aspirations.
                      For those that don't realize, when folks want a antebellum or civil war focus they don't geaux to New Orleans anyway......(go there to party).....they head to the River Parishes (plantation country) to view the mansions, slave quarters, history and writings of what was experienced during those years of conflict. Those tours are on PRIVATE property and they can do or show whatever they please.......visitors vote with there pocketbooks! The free market decides if they want to know about those historical events & figures. Some plantations DO NOT discuss the issue of slavery. A plantation 5 miles away has built it reputation on that very indept look at that subject. Both make gobs of money.
                      By all means, the monuments should not be cast aside for trash but auctioned to folks or organizations that feel they want to highlight that moment in time. Heck, raise the funds and develop a museum that works for that genre.....sounds like a business opportunity to me! I am sure the hundreds of tour buses that visit the River Parishes will roll in with tourists eager to spend money..........or not.
                      Oops, this all reminded me I gotta make reservations at the Marriot Convention Center for my Mardi Gras ball on February 9th.

Comment

There seems to be a prevailing opinion in some quarters that white folks in the south look at confederate statues and think "them's were the good old days - back when we got to own people and blacks knew their place" With a few VERY minor exceptions, nothing could be further from the truth. It is my position that the history of any culture - warts and all - needs to be preserved. We all understand and acknowledge that slavery was a stain on our founding ideals and was an ugly era of the American experiment. But the attempt to erase history by pulling down statues and renaming streets does nothing in the way of solving current problems.
                        Last edited by jerp; 05-19-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Jackson was not part of the civil war. He wasn't even alive when it happened. NOLA should be grateful for his actions. Or there may not have been a U.S. NOLA.
                          Actually the battle was in Chalmette (4 miles downriver and a lot further by horse.....10 miles I reckon!) and the war was already over but they did not have cell phones back then!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Actually the battle was in Chalmette (4 miles downriver and a lot further by horse.....10 miles I reckon!) and the war was already over but they did not have cell phones back then!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              There seems to be a prevailing opinion in some quarters that white folks in the south look at confederate statues and think "them's were the good old days - back when we got to own people and blacks knew their place" With a few VERY minor exceptions, nothing could be further from the truth. I cIt is my position that the history of any culture - warts and all - needs to be preserved. We all understand and acknowledge that slavery was a stain on our founding ideals and was an ugly era of the American experiment. But the attempt to erase history by pulling down statues and renaming streets does nothing in the way of solving current problems.
                              I typically view a statue of one person as a celebration of their life and successes so the removal of this statue doesnt seem like an attempt to erase history in my opinion. It seems that people that disagreed with General Lee's support and stance during the civil war do not want a statue memorializing him. I can understand their point of view but also understand that General Lee did other things that deserve recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                There seems to be a prevailing opinion in some quarters that white folks in the south look at confederate statues and think "them's were the good old days - back when we got to own people and blacks knew their place" With a few VERY minor exceptions, nothing could be further from the truth. It is my position that the history of any culture - warts and all - needs to be preserved. We all understand and acknowledge that slavery was a stain on our founding ideals and was an ugly era of the American experiment. But the attempt to erase history by pulling down statues and renaming streets does nothing in the way of solving current problems.

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X